- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
The Principal Process Safety Engineer I is responsible for providing technical support to the Australian Production Unit (APU) operated assets in the areas of Process Engineering and Process Safety. Reporting to the Subsurface Engineering Manager within the Australian Production Unit team your duties will include:
- Delivery and implementation of effective process and process safety processes as defined through local regulatory requirements
- Provide verification that critical equipment have been identified, managed, controlled in work management and aligned to Critical Controls with Process Safety Impacts
- Work with the surface engineering manager and the APU Principal, Risk Management to facilitate the overall process of annual critical control effectiveness tests
- Participate in audits, inclusive of pre and post start-up reviews, field leadership, group and regulatory audits
- Provide technical support and guidance through peer assist, support for self-assessment in meeting process safety compliance with internal (Group and Petroleum level documents) and external (regulatory) requirements and submissions
- Facilitate key hazard identification workshops related to Process Safety to support operations and project related activities. (E.g. HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA)
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A Tertiary qualification in Chemical/Process Engineering
- Extensive experience in process and process safety management activities, preferably in an oil and gas production environment
- Ability to apply critical thinking and the confidence to challenge and communicate ideas and concerns to peers and management
- In depth knowledge of local regulations
- Thorough process engineering knowledge of separation, dehydration, and compression is required
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to build positive relationships
You will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including; incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible work arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave.
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.