- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Principal Product Manager, Platform & InternationalisationIf you're a platform-first product leader looking for a huge opportunity, the Principal PM for Platform & Internationalisation could be it. You will play a pivotal key role in accelerating Atlassian's growth and velocity over the next 10 years. You'll join forces with senior design, engineering and product leaders across the company to systematically unleash the potential of Atlassian's huge scale for our internal teams (Jira, Confluence, Trello etc), external customers and 3rd-party app vendors working on front-end experiences.
Your primary motivation isn't launching end-user features (though your teams will enable your fair share of those), but building best-in-class platforms that unleash the potential of every team - Atlassian, our partners and our customers. Your work will scale across every engineer and designer at Atlassian. You are flexible, think at scale, sweat the details, think about engagement models and shared code/ design which enable other teams to thrive and scale. You are as comfortable working with senior designers on the foundations of Atlassian's user experiences, as you are sparring with principal engineers on which direction to take for our product's front-end architecture.
More about you
You love working hard to make shared platforms as effective as possible for internal teams. You have prior success setting product vision and strategy and working on successful service-oriented products. You can lead a team through setting clear goals, making decisions, and can communicate crisply to them, to leaders across Atlassian, and to our customers and partners. You've got charisma in spades: you're social and adept at building relationships across product lines and functional groups to make sure we are all on the same page. Previous experience working on large-scale technology platforms & services, shared user experiences or design systems would really set you up for success.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 6+ years of product management experience, ideally at a fast-growing software company
- A diverse background to bring to the strong leadership team
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of product managers, helping them develop their PM craft
- An deep connection to the value of making steady investment into best-practice (design, engineering, support) when building and maintaining critical platforms
- An innate ability to break big outcomes down into shippable increments
- A curiosity and obsession for the experience of internal - and external - teams consuming our platform
- Ability to prioritise among opportunities, balancing the immediate needs of product teams vs investment in the platform, while clearly communicating the rationale behind your decisions
- Ability to paint a compelling vision to inspire your teams and senior stakeholders
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- BS/BA with an emphasis in technology, IT or operations; Masters or MBA preferred
- Experience running a platform team at a technology company
- Experience working with Design Systems
- Experience managing service-oriented goals and teams (e.g. where CSAT/ velocity matters more than NPS/ revenue)
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we're at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we're advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we're out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.