- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
We have an opportunity for a Principal Project Management to join our Control Systems and Automation team within Technology, Delivery West. You will have the opportunity to lead, deliver and support a wide variety of sustaining capital and improvement projects.Reporting to the Manager Control Systems and Automation, your key accountabilities include:
- Lead, plan and coordinate projects from concept initiation to execution, including preparation of project documentation and procedures
- Overseeing all aspects of project delivery by managing budget, scope and schedule while maintaining a high level of key stakeholder engagement and guide relevant projects through project delivery
- Develop implementation plans to satisfy change management processes
- Ensure Company investment and project delivery standards are adhered to
- Provide periodic status reporting for all assigned projects covering scope, schedule, cost and risk
- Development and mentoring of our up and coming internal talent
- Ensuring that safety standards are upheld
As the preferred candidate, you will be degree qualified in Engineering, Technology or related discipline and possess 5+ years’ project management, project delivery and portfolio management experience. An industry recognised project management qualification such as Prince2 or PMP will be highly regarded. You will be able to demonstrate sound financial and analytical skills and possess advanced MS Office, Project and SAP proficiency.
To be successful in this role, you will have significant experience in mining, manufacturing or similar heavy industry operation. Knowledge of Fixed Plant operations, NPI (Non-Process Infrastructure) and Control Systems such as Citect will be beneficial in this role. As the main change agent, you will be confident leading a team to ensure successful partnerships across BHP’s assets and functions. You have superior interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence, and build credibility and trust across all organisational levels.
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.