- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Working in the Space and Airborne Systems business , you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance.Our Software Engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities which enable our warfighters to be successful.
We are looking to hire a Principal Software Engineer to support multiple Aberdeen Proving Ground software efforts.Candidate will be involved in design, code, integration, and test of Identify Friend or Foe (IFF) product line software components including but not limited to interrogators, transponders, control panels, test sets, and cryptographic devices.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with software embedded design, development and test with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Proficient in coding C, C+
- Some experience with Identify Friend or Foe (IFF) product development including Mode 5 waveforms, interrogators, and/or transponder functionality is highly preferable.
- Understanding of agile software development.
- Able to communicate clearly.
- Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight.
- Contribute to the completion of program & project milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and sound problem solving skills.
- Clearance: Current DoD/Secret or ability to obtain.
- US Citizenship is mandatory to be able to acquire Secret Clearance.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with VxWorks RTOS
- Experience with DO-178B/C software certification
- Experience with cryptographic applique
- Experience in Client/Server applications
- Experience developing software within a CMMI level 5 or greater organization
- Experience coding in C#, Microsoft .NET.
- Experience with missile-defense systems, radar, navigation, tracking algorithms and performance assessment.
- MS in Computer Engineering. 153436
Business Unit Profile
Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business. Follow us on .
Type Of Job
MD - Aberdeen
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Salary Range: - Relocation: Travel:
- ms project