- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- State of Queensland
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
The IROC+ was built to rapidly drive the Safety, Productivity and Culture agenda for Coal by effectively using and leveraging the large amounts of information and data that the IROC+ and Coal business generates.
Reporting to the Lead of Data & Reporting you will be accountable for overseeing the highly technical production accounting system and data including its enhancement and reporting strategy. You will be part of the IROC+ team and will work with the Production Integration and Technology functions in crafting the data and reporting journey and vision for the future.
- Central technical and business contact for BMA Production Account System (Corvus);
- Building of roadmap and strategy for BMA production accounting;
- Production Accounting Data governance and standardisation; and
- End of month close out support to the BMA Asset.
- Strong understanding of coal production accounting requirements including stockpile and inventory reporting;
- Advanced experience working with a production accounting system (Corvus or similar) and its relevant audit compliance;
- Analytical skills including the ability to define causes and rectification within a day and week;
- Understand the mining and logistics processes within role scope and the interfaces;
- Understanding or experience with upstream/downstream systems (FMS/plant/port);
- Understanding or experience with planning processes/systems;
- Has the ability to lead and influence stakeholders regarding best practice of data management and production accounting;
- Detailed understanding and experience in working with identifying and evaluating analytics/business intelligence products, technologies, platforms and solutions e.g. Microsoft, SAP BI, Oracle, SQL Server; and
- Relevant degree and proven experience that compliments the capabilities and attributes.
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.