- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
Do you want to play an active role in shaping a global business by identifying and optimising scope for large projects?
A great opportunity has become available for project management individuals to join BHP Asset Projects Development team, based in Adelaide. With an extensive pipeline of diverse projects, this is an exciting time to join our team.
Our team completes front-end development studies for projects ranging from $10M to $250M and is pivotal in setting these up for success for the Execution Phase.
A Study Specialist is responsible for managing these feasibility studies by integrating stakeholders, consultants and a functional, multidisciplinary support team and currently we have several opportunities available.
Bring your expertise in projects where you will be supporting studies in at Olympic Dam that could include Surface, Mine Sustaining, Whenan Shaft, Waste & Closure or Infrastructure. Working with the Study Lead, you will assist in the development of the project through Identification, Selection and Definition Phase Study.
This position is based in Adelaide with flexibility around full-time or part-time options.
In this role you will:
- Lead and deliver Identification, Selection and Definition Phase Studies
- Manage consultants and a functional support team, consisting of experts from technical backgrounds, cost & schedule estimating, contracts & procurement and investment evaluation
- Engage operational stakeholders to ensure the problem is clearly defined and analysed
- Maximise project value by identifying options through creative thinking processes
- Perform trade-off studies, supported by multi-criteria analysis and investment evaluation processes
- Ensure engineering changes and decisions are clearly documented throughout the development phase
- Present recommendations to executive management on major project decisions, including advancing projects to the next phase
- Manage the process for engineering scope optimization.
- Prepare study management documentation including study work plans, end of phase reports, key value drivers and investment approval requests
- Monitor, manage and setup report your project’s adherence to work plans, schedule and budgets
- Ensure projects are set-up for successful Execution by working corroboratively with our Delivery Team to determine the appropriate Execution Strategy, manage risks well, complying with requirements and maximising safety & constructability through design
- Experience supporting and delivering projects or studies in engineering, construction, heavy industry or infrastructure
- Organisational skills for managing a functional team and multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated technical and commercial acumen with problem solving skills
- Effective stakeholder engagement and influencing abilities
- Communication and influencing skills, including the ability to produce concise reports and presentations to senior managers
- Degree qualified in project management, engineering, management, or finance related disciplines is desired, but not essential
How to apply
Please apply online before 30th May 2019.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.