- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Quality Assurance Inspector
- 12 month full-time contract
- Excellent Remuneration
- Professional Work Environment
- Great Benefits
- Only applicants with working rights in Australia will be considered.
Pfizer (Perth) Pty Ltd is a Pharmaceutical manufacturing facility located in Bentley, supplying products to over 80 countries.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Quality Assurance team as a Quality Assurance Inspector.
Operating within a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment, the position is responsible for Quality Operations Support activities which include; incoming material sampling and inspection, environmental monitoring (airborne non-viable particulates), calibrations, reject and returned materials processing, retention sample management, building monitoring system alarm management, production record reviews and batch record archiving. The position engages with cross functional teams as needed to support continuous improvement activities and required decision making ability related to GMP compliance.
The QA Inspector is expected to perform all duties in an efficient, responsible and professional manner, co-operating and contributing to the overall objectives of the company.
Key duties for this role will include:
- In-coming Goods Inspection & Sampling of materials.
- Review of particle monitoring for batch release.
- Review and Approval of Building Management System Alarms.
- Processing reject and returned goods within the facility.
- Maintain finished product retention samples including storage, inspection and disposal.
- Batch document administration, managing cancelled batch document reviews and archiving of batch documents for transfer of documents to an off-site storage facility.
- Perform calibrations and preventative maintenance activities.
- Organizational Support, writing and supporting investigations and continuous improvement projects.
Successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of secondary school certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years progressive experience in GMP Pharmaceutical Manufacturing environment (or similar industry).
- Preferred yet not essential; Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, microbiology or related field.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements for Pharmaceutical manufacturing is preferred yet not essential (TGA, EU, FDA).
- - Sound computer skills including experience with Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- - Must have the ability to simultaneously multi-task across multiple capabilities and functions and handle multiple competing priorities and requirements.
Applicants are required to undertake a pre-employment medical examination to meet the inherent requirements of the role. These requirements include but are not limited to visual acuity, colour vision deficiency, skin conditions and manual handling capacity.
Applications close on 28 June 2019.
Please include your covering letter and resume. Only applicants with working rights in Australia will be considered.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
About the company
Pfizer, is an American multinational pharmaceutical corporation headquartered in New York City, New York, with its research headquarters in Groton, Connecticut. It is among the world's largest pharmaceutical companies by revenues.
Pfizer develops and produces medicines and vaccines for a wide range of medical disciplines, including immunology, oncology, cardiology, diabetology/endocrinology, and neurology. Pfizer's products include the blockbuster drug Lipitor (atorvastatin), used to lower LDL blood cholesterol; Lyrica (pregabalin for neuropathic pain/fibromyalgia); Diflucan (fluconazole), an oral antifungal medication; Zithromax (azithromycin), an antibiotic; Viagra (sildenafil, for erectile dysfunction); and Celebrex/Celebra (celecoxib), an anti-inflammatory drug.