- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Description :
We are the world's largest premium drinks business, with an unrivaled collection of brands including Smirnoff Vodka, Johnnie Walker, Tanqueray Gin and Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur. Operating from eight locations, Diageo Australia is the leading spirits and ready-to-drink (RTD) company in Australia with iconic local brands including Bundaberg Rum and UDL.
About the role?
In the highly influential top-end On-Trade venues which is the heartland of the premium spirits world, you will play a crucial role in building the status, equity and rate of sale of our brands through delivery of brand objectives. You'll support our key premium accounts in order to deliver the profit, volume, sales driver and Diageo brand building objectives expressed in the commercial plan and customer terms for Diageo Reserve Brands.
What you'll have to succeed
- Highly connected with the Reserve environment
- Deep understanding of what is important to Reserve Australia customers and use this insight to drive the creation and execution of a clear and powerful commercial plan
- Have your finger on the pulse of what is happening on the ground and have brilliant relationships with key influencers in the industry
- Category Knowledge across Spirits with particular experience in process, ingredients, & provenance
- Passion for super premium brands, customers & their consumers
- Skilled in developing customer and stakeholder commitment, negotiating for win-win outcomes
- Builds a strong action plan for Reserve with the Reserve Brand Ambassadors
- Understanding of where and how to target trade investment to maximise ROI whilst delivering for our customers.
- Effectively balances short and long term performance goals in planning, execution and evaluation of activity.
Australia is a mature, challenging and competitive market. The luxury spirits category in Australia is in growth, reflecting global trends for consumers to buy less but better quality. With a general trend toward premiumisation and limitations on volume growth within a mature market, premium brands are key to unlocking future value growth for the company. Our premium spirits range represent a strong growth and profit opportunity for Diageo and our Reserve customers, and there are ambitious targets in place for F20-25. There is a need to continue to build market share with competitive and effective trade and marketing strategies
What you'll do
- Deliver compelling Reserve customer plans to maximise sustainable profit delivery and market share growth
- Differentiate customer plans that are grounded in insight in order to deliver plan financial performance (the Reserve Killer metrics & financial performance)
- Identify which of your key customers / outlets have the best opportunity for improvement
- Ongoing identification of commercial needs and potential barriers: Constant evaluation of distribution, visibility, pricing and persuasion objectives challenges and builds our activation programmes providing context and insight for our consumer & customer marketing teams
- Trade Terms, PETI tramlines & promotional templates are executed to maximise ROI
What you'll bring
- Your industry knowledge of premium brands within the liquor space
- Savvy financial acumen skills with a sound ability to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance
- Highly skilled in fostering commitment through negotiation skills, resolving conflict and creating collaborative relationships
- Good understanding of distributors, key customers and competitors: their businesses and their shoppers / drinkers
- Passion for luxury goods marketing and understanding of marketing principles in this area (experience in luxury industry preferred)
- Superior presentation and communication skills
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
About the company
British multinational alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, England. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine.
Diageo's brands include Smirnoff (the world's best-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world's best-selling blended Scotch whisky), Baileys (the world's best-selling liqueur), and Guinness (the world's best-selling stout). It also owns 34% of Moët Hennessy, which owns brands including Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot and Hennessy.