- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Melbourne office:
What can you expect?
This role forms part of the Pacific Risk and Compliance team and a member of our wider Mercer Global Risk and Compliance network. The role is responsible for providing ongoing advice and oversight on matters of risk management, incident management, risk control monitoring, and risk reporting. This role needs to be competent in financial services with a focus on Superannuation, Insurance and the provision of Financial Advice.
Key to this role is forging strong relationships with the business units and maintaining effective communication channels with all internal and external stakeholders.
What is in it for you?
- Brand new agile workspace in Collins Square
- Professional environment where your career path really matters and is supported in our global organization
- Great team environment with energetic and supportive colleagues
- Genuine work life balance In this role you will be responsible for:
- Advise the Superannuation, Insurance and Financial Advice businesses in relation to risk identification, risk analysis, control assessment and action planning.
- Attending client management meetings as required to act as a support
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships across the business
- Attend and present at internal stakeholder risk forums as required.
- Facilitate risk workshops
- Identify and conduct targeted risk reviews for existing and emerging risk themes.
- Complete and provide accurate risk assessments on new products, services and initiatives We would like you to have:
- University level qualifications in risk or business management or equivalent
- At least 5 year’s working in Financial Services (Superannuation, Insurance and Financial Advice is preferable)
- Work experience should show technical depth in risk management.
- Sound understanding and management of a Risk and Compliance framework including the ability to assess strategic and operational risk
- Ability to provide value add advice in relation to process, controls and superannuation administration matters
- Ability to analyse data and collate and prepare reports in relation to incidents, audit and risk data
- Strong technical knowledge in the Financial Services industry.
- Capability of operating with Boards and in the provision of Director level information (including written papers) About Mercer:
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex (including intersex), marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please apply using the link below, applications will only be considered from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal & Bankruptcy check prior to commencement of employment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
- - Posted 13 Days Ago
- Full time
- ms project