- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Performs schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities as directed. Leads planning and scheduling activities when delegated.
A. Supervision Received
· Reports to and receives technical and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
B. Supervision Exercised
· Provides technical direction to assigned personnel, when delegated.
· Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers in the home office and at jobsite(s).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Assists in the preparation of schedule data for proposals or contracts.
2. Identifies scope of schedule activities.
3. Determines schedule dates for work activities within a discipline area or specialty. Determines milestones to support project schedule.
4. Establishes work sequence and activity durations for a specific discipline or specialty. Determines interdiscipline constraints or interfaces that define activity sequences. Works with performing organizations and units to coordinate work sequences with the total project plan. Develops and applies installation rates to quantity takeoffs and developed quantities within a discipline or other specialty.
5. Develops quantity release or installation curves for a specific discipline or specialty. Reviews quantity logs to ensure total quantities are represented for a particular discipline or specialty. Assists in the development of the required job hour expenditure for a specific discipline or specialty. Assists in determining leveling decisions. Performs quantity and manpower resource loading for assigned schedules.
6. Continuously assists discipline or specialty engineers in developing their individual work plans and knowledge of overall discipline requirements. Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions.
7. Assists discipline groups in determining what information is required from other disciplines to support and interface with the assigned discipline or specialty. Provides schedule knowledge on a continuous basis to assist in discipline planning and interfacing with others.
8. Performs schedule monitoring, including identifying critical activities and updating functions for specific applications, disciplines, or specialties. Assists in developing and implementing requirements for updating and monitoring the schedule.
9. Prepares and develops study information as assigned. Evaluates quantities, job hours/staffing, and schedule logic for a specific discipline or specialty. Prepares schedule, staffing, and quantity progress and performance reports for assigned disciplines or specialties.
Bachelor degree or higher qualification, or at least six years of relevant experience in lieu of a tertiary qualification.
Experience in performing quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis, and computer operations. Skilled in understanding technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and mathematical and financial reports.
Knowledge in the use of computers for executing work processes.
Skilled in oral and written communication.
Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired by taking selected discipline training courses or through practical experience
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- ms project
- safety and security