- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- BOORAGUL AUSTRALIA
BOORAGUL St Paul's Catholic College
Vacancy TypeTemporary Full Time
St Paul’s Catholic College, Booragul is seeking a full-time Temporary English/HSIE/Religious Education Teacher for the 2020 school year.
• Appreciate a peaceful lakeside workspace, with new contemporary infrastructure set amongst beautifully maintained outdoor spaces only 20 km from Newcastle’s CBD;
• Enhance your teaching environment with the latest flexible learning spaces equipped with interactive and engaging teaching technologies;
• Enjoy fresh renewed work areas with a new Administration wing, chapel, staff facility and flexible learning centre, with ongoing renovations to enhance the school site as a whole.
St Paul's Catholic College offers an inclusive, welcoming and comfortable environment. The calm, nurturing setting has been designed to allow students and staff to feel at home in developing their varied capacities and skills. The growth of the students is nurtured and encouraged by a supportive faculty through the provision of creative freedom, empowerment of the individual and opportunities for prayer and reflection. The curriculum, both formal and informal, focuses on spiritual growth and reflects a respect for the diversity of all 950 students, their differing levels of abilities, strengths, weaknesses and gifts.
A sense of security engenders a welcoming community, characterised by effective leadership, open communication, quality teaching and a sense of pride in the College. With a Strategic Plan rolling out over 2018-2022 there is a strong focus on educational excellence, quality community relationships and wellbeing, improvement of facilities and the continued growth and development of the school’s Catholic Identity.
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• Ability to teach in the relevant curriculum area/s;
• High level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s and a proven capacity to improve student learning;
• Effective classroom management and teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential;
• Exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students;
• Ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework;
• Demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning;
• Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team;
• Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and other teachers;
• Use of interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships with students, school staff and the wider community;
• Willingness to fulfil the requirements of the CSO Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy.
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category D – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
• Experience teaching Stage 6 Religious Studies.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Monday 16 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Graeme Selmes (email@example.com)
By email (preferred):
St Paul's Catholic College
PO Box 194
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Graeme Selmes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 16th December 2019 at 3.00PM
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*