- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are looking for a Senior Advisor Workplace Health and Safety to join our HR team based at Sydney Olympic Park. This is a full-time temporary opportunity (Maternity leave cover) for 12 months from January 2020.
A competitive salary is on offer to the successful candidates with salary range starting from $97,152 up to $107,541 per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
The Office of Sport works with key sector partners to promote and deliver a vibrant and valued sport and active recreation sector that enhances the lives of the people of NSW.
The Office is responsible for planning, managing and delivering high quality venues, facilities, sport and active recreation development programs, high-performance sport, sports integrity and safety. It is also the driver for NSW sport policy and strategy, the formation and dissemination of insights and information, and the promotion of partnerships.
About the role
The Senior Advisor Workplace Health and Safety is responsible for delivering a range of Work Health and Safety (WHS) and Injury Management services to support Office of Sport objectives.
To be successful in the role, you need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to analyse, review and recommend improvements to WHS and risk management strategies to facilitate compliance with organisational objectives, relevant legislation, regulations/codes of practice and standards.
- Ability to lead and manage injury management cases and provide advice and facilitation of referrals for fitness to continue employment relating to both worker’s compensation and non-work-related injuries or illness and manage WHS implications
- Experience providing strategic advice to facilitate the management of WHS and well-being issues and to support risk identification and mitigation, injury prevention, injury management and well-being programs across the Office of Sport.
- Experience in the management and maintenance of return to work program and worker’s compensation system.
A Current NSW Class C Driver’s License Why work with the Office of Sport?
- A competitive salary is on offer to the successful candidate
- Close to Sydney Olympic Park train station and bus stops
- A range of employee benefits such as salary packaging, fitness passport, and Employee Assistance Program
- Access to training and development