- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Why American Express?There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.The powerful backing of American Express.Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is a Global leader in the Commercial Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast growing business dedicated exclusively to the success of businesses globally. The Global Business Financing (GBF) team is composed of non-card lending solutions (Merchant Financing, Working Capital Terms, Business Loans, and Supply Chain Financing). The team’s mission is become the leading working capital provider for our Small and Medium Enterprise customers globally.
Within Global Business Financing (GBF), our organization owns the strategy and P&L and develops products, features and capabilities for digital products for fast growing segments of the American Express business. We have embarked on a bold agenda to transform our products and services to delight and surprise our commercial clients around the globe. Help us take it to the next level.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Analyst with experience in project management and data analytics/reporting to support the expansion of our GCF products in Australia, through both internal product builds and external partnerships.
- Support the roll-out of new business financing products in Australia to meet the needs of our SBS/smaller corporate card and merchant customers.
- Ongoing management of business financing products available in Australia.
- Gathering of customer insights and the creation of compelling business cases to influence successful prioritization of investment funds, BAU product management and product roadmap formulation.
- Creation of reporting and data analysis, measurement of vendor and product performance.
- Perform complex analysis to provide key summaries and recommendations by manipulating data from different sources.
- Responsible for validating and processing vendor payments (incoming/outgoing).
- Work with internal business partners (e.g. Finance), to analyze and collaborate on strategic initiatives.
Offers of employment with American Express areconditional upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subjectto applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills, to manage both internal and vendor relationships.
- Ability to influence without direct authority and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic thinker and self-starter with strong problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Confidence to manage multiple projects, of different nature at the same time.
- Outstanding analytical (data) skills and experience with data management and databases such as Tableau.
- B2B/lending experience, with strong project management skills.
- Ability to identify opportunities to initiate analysis that creates a positive impact on the business.
- Ability to meet deadlines and excel in a complex environment, while maintaining high standards of personal excellence/integrity.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 6, 2019, 9:35:53 PM
About the company
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years, we’ve helped our customers reach their goals. And today, as we continue to transform and lead the way in a digital universe, our goal is to reach more customers than ever—to serve the underserved and bring those in the financial margins into the mainstream.
As one of the world’s largest card issuers and most valued brands, we know the way we do business every day has the power to improve lives. We’re a company composed of individuals who understand and reflect the local communities and larger societies we serve. That’s why we’re focused on giving more customers more tools, more access and more ways to realize their dreams—knowing that those dreams look different in different parts of the world.