- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
If you are searching for that next contract opportunity...look no further! We have a wonderful contract opportunity available within a large Organisation!
About the Role:
- Design and implement the LAN Network under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Ensure design and implementation meets or exceed applicable security standards and frameworks
- Obtain endorsement of the network design through the Design Authority process
- Provide subject matter expertise for the Cisco Meraki/Palo Alto environment. This includes developing strong relationships within various areas:incumbent operators, support service provider and other relevant third parties.
- Provide design and analytical direction for LAN/WAN/MAN network improvements and enhancements within the scope of the project.
- Provide analysis to support performance tuning on components until handover to support teams has been completed.
- Proactively identifying areas of network issues and incorporating into the project where approved.
- Act as the Technical Lead for the project
- A proven Cisco Network administrator with experience providing hands on design and implementation to multisite networks
- Experience with IT/OT network convergence and appropriate security controls for critical infrastructure
- Experience working autonomously and at large footprint heavy industrial production sites such as mines, power generator etc.
- Strong customer focus, managing high priority faults/requests that have a critical business impact, while ensuring the optimum escalation process with the client, internal support groups and third parties.
- Design and architecture experience with Cisco and Meraki routers, switches and wireless links and APs in a large production environment.
- Proven knowledge with the architecture and implementation of modern TCP/IP networks with specific knowledge of:
- Cisco and Meraki
- Layer 3 Routing Protocols,
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 LAN Switching configuration,
- BGP, RIP and EIGRP,
- VLAN design and implementation,
- VPN Tunnelling,
- IP traffic filtering (access lists),
- Wireless networks and bridging,
- ACL creation and management,
- Cisco VoIP,
- Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Firewall configuration, and
- QoS implementation.
- A self-starter able to prioritise work based on business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with peers, and business personnel.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- The ability to research and analyse current reporting and business data needs, devise and implement tools to automate and streamline the processes and achieve efficiency for the business.
- Ability to meet deadlines and assist others achieve theirs.
- This role requires travel to the sites to achive the project outcomes.
- ms project
- project manager