- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- MACQUARIE PARK AU
Senior Research Executive, Consumer Insights-49288
Analytics-AustraliaMacquarie Park, New South Wales
Nielsen is the largest market research firm in the world, tracking what people watch and buy in over 100 countries. With 40,000+ employees, we at Nielsen pride ourselves on providing our people with endless possibilities and paths to grow their careers.
Simply put, we do two things at Nielsen. We measure performance for our clients and we use analytics to give our clients the strategic direction they need to grow their business. At Nielsen, we make a difference by partnering with our clients and using our data to explain what is happening with their brands and what they should do to improve business performance.
Nielsen’s Consumer Insights practice specialises in designing tailored research solutions to solve complex business problems. As a part of the Consumer Insights team, you will be working with some of Australia’s biggest brands to make an impact across a diverse range of industries, including: FMCG, retail, automotive, financial services, tourism, government and more. In your role, you will manage bespoke research projects spanning a wide variety of research approaches – ranging from traditional research methodologies through to using next-generation research tools, such as immersive reality. You will also conduct research covering key strategic areas, such as brand and advertising, customer experience, shopper and pure customised-research. In Consumer Insights, you will gain exposure to a plethora of industries, and be given the opportunity to work directly with clients across various business units, at all levels - including up to C-suite executive level. At Nielsen, you will also have our wide product portfolio and data sets at your fingertips that can be used to provide a comprehensive view of how consumers think and how they behave. If you have a passion and curiosity for consumer insights, an aptitude for problem solving, and a desire to expand your analytical skills, then we would love to hear from you!
Reporting to the Senior Manager (Consumer Insights), you will play an essential role in managing research projects from start to finish; supporting the Senior Manager on research design, analysis, reporting through to presenting findings to clients. We will arm you with the best in market research skills and capabilities, through on the job coaching and structured training. You will also be given access to our full range of data and analytics solutions. Whilst we love surveys, we also have plenty of other data to quench your curiosity and wow your clients.
- Manage research projects end-to-end: from questionnaire design, survey set up, data acquisition, managing fieldwork, data processing, analysis.
- Assist the Senior Manager in leading the writing of high quality research reports and the presentation of findings to clients.
- Provide support to clients by responding to ad-hoc requests and questions in a timely and efficient manner and by demonstrating commitment to quality and excellent client servicing.
- Attend client meetings with Senior Managers to understand client business issues and assist them in sales activities in costing projects and building high quality proposals designed to achieve client business objectives.
- Be able to build professional reports and compelling presentations and deliver those with impact.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with key stakeholders within our client organisations.
- Drive client satisfaction by providing insights and actionable recommendations in reports and presentations and by providing value-added analyses and response to special requests.
The successful candidates will have…
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, market research, psychology, statistics or related
- 1-2 years of experience in research, insights and analytics
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts e.g. mean, standard deviation, sampling, significance testing.
- Ability to create a story and create insights using data and analytics
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Be self-motivated, adaptable and proactive - no two days are the same in this role!
- Experience in writing questionnaires
The following skills would also be beneficial but aren’t required…
- Knowledge of multivariate analyses – e.g. correlation, regression, factor analysis.
- Experience using analysis software such as Q, SPSS.
Life at Nielsen
At Nielsen, we’re proud of our diversity - our Australian and New Zealand offices alone are made up of over 50 cultures and nationalities!
We strongly believe in promoting from within. We encourage all of our people to pave their own career path and explore ways to grow with us.
We’re steadfastly inclusive. Nielsen is an environment that encourages all associates to be themselves, weave their talents and passions into their work, put their hand up and have their voice heard.
We operate on principles of trust and accountability. We sway against micromanagement, enabling our associates to engage, include and decide in order to move swiftly and boldly, while keeping our clients at the heart of everything we do.
We believe in a good work / life balance and offer an extensive range of flexible working options for all associates. We also offer several leave options such as Volunteer Leave, Birthday Leave, Parental Leave, yearly bonus leave initiatives and much more. We also provide a range of programs and activities for associates to join year-round that encourage good health, wellbeing, networking and community engagement!
All of our Nielsen employees get access to corporate discounts with companies such as Bupa, Sunsuper, and HSBC, and, we also offer a yearly study allowance for those wishing to further their education in a field related to their role or our company.
If you feel like this is the right fit, click apply and tell us all about you!
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park,New South Wales