- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Work with the biggest employers of Chefs worldwide
- Our kitchen teams cook together and develop together
- International Company operating at 600 sites throughout Australia Chartwell’s (part of the world's biggest contract catering company, Compass Group )philosophy centres on providing tailored, boutique and unique hospitality solutions to the education market. We are passionate about challenging the traditions of these environments by delivering innovative and quality hospitality solutions that reflect the high-street expectations and idiosyncrasies of our market.
We are looking for a talented Senior Sous Chef to join Chartwells whilst partnering with a leading University based in Kensington.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative 'foodie' who wants to be part of a busy team. The primary role is to be hands on and ensure the food offer at the site is delivered to an exceptional standard.
The ideal candidate will have longevity in previous positions and must have a real passion for creating fresh seasonal food and show flair and creativity through our menus. Your proven track record in staff management and control of food costs, staff rostering, performance management and quality control will be critical to your success in applying for this role
- Prep and cook all items across our broad menus and daily specials
- Deliver to our Client's high expectation of a premium experience
- Taking responsibility for the food production and be versatile to work across all stations
- Maintain an overall knowledge and passion for nutrition and healthy eating
- Observation of and implementation of allergy awareness controls.
- Monitor costs with special regard to portion control, waste minimisation and stock control.
- Be part of our passionate team who will be dedicated to creating memorable experiences
- Build positive relationships with our internal and external customers
- Adhering to all relevant health and safety and food safety standards The Person
- Trade Qualified Chef with senior experience
- Team player and able to work autonomously and the ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive outlook and professional manner
- Prior experience in a high paced & high quality environment
- Excellent and innovative culinary skills
- Be motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Solid knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Bulk catering experience
- Functions, events and banqueting experience advantageous
- Experience scheduling , managing and training kitchen staff The Benefits
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training and development including apprenticeships & traineeships; a competitive salary, recognition programs including awards, long service and team event days; site based benefits; and company discounts.
So, if you are a 'can-do' person, who thrives on new challenges; likes working in a team within a diverse environment; and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you'll fit right in and we'd like to have you on our team.
- quality control
- stock control