- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Work for a well-recognised local council seeking an experience & driven Senior Traffic Engineer to start ASAP!
Your new company
This mature and virtually fully developed council based in Melbourne's South Eastern Suburbs, is currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Traffic Engineer to work on an initial 2-month contract role with the opportunity to extend.
Your new role
As a Senior Traffic Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Undertake ongoing monitoring, review and investigation of parking conditions on roads and in car parks and taking action as required.
- Ensuring the investigation and resolution of traffic and parking issues raised by the general community, Councillors and other internal departments are carried out in an efficient, timely and professional manner.
- Prepare applications for funding to improve road safety.
- Be responsible for the collection, assessment and reporting of vehicle traffic data including volume, speed and accident data to ensure that Council's traffic management and resources are directed to the areas and locations of greatest need.
- Undertake traffic management consultation in accordance with Council procedures.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful person will be a qualified civil engineer, with significant traffic experience, who is driven, can deliver customer-centric services to the community, as well as have excellent written and verbal communication. Local government experience is desirable.
What you'll get in return
Be a part of this amazing team, where you will receive the opportunity to work for an established government council that values work-life balance, whilst gaining stability in your career. This is an initial contract role with an immediate start and the potential to extend.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or send direct to . If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Alissa Sara on for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 Talk to Alissa Sara , the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Melbourne
- ms project