- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
An opportunity exists for an operationally experienced professional to join our IAA (Internal Audit and Advisory) department, in the role of Specialist Functional Audit, based in Perth. IAA’s purpose is to provide independent and objective assurance over the Group’s governance, risk management and internal control processes to the Executive Leadership Team and Board of BHP. We achieve this by planning and executing high quality risk-based audits using a collaborative and engaging approach with our stakeholders.
The Functional Audit team develops and delivers an approved internal audit plan consisting of a portfolio of engagements across Global Functions and Operations in accordance with the Internal Audit Charter. As the Specialist Functional Audit, you will undertake the following:
- Plan, deliver and complete assignedengagements, across Operations, Functions and Process globally within arapidly evolving business environment.
- Leverage past experience and extensivefunctional knowledge of business process or risk management to deliverinternal audits that are value-oriented and risk-focused.
- Be a catalyst for positive change bychallenging assumptions, how things are done and promoting criticalthinking.
- Proactively develop and maintain professionalrelationships with the businesses.
- Successfully deliver all work on-time,on-budget, with high professional quality and value orientation.
- Collaboratively involve key partners in theexecution of assigned engagements and reporting of findings to achieve transparencyand open communication.
- Provide timely, objective, factually accurateand insightful input to internal audit reports and managementpresentations that are value adding, enabling stakeholders to efficientlymake appropriate decisions.
- Enthusiastically collaborate with team membersand internal stakeholders, providing new insights and contributions toenable cohesion of the function as well as assisting to identify talentfrom within the business to be guest auditors and motivating positive change.
To be successful in securing this role, ideally you will have:
- Bachelor degree and professional designation.
- Experience in internal audit.
- Experience in a large international mining, construction,oil and gas, utilities or industrial environment.
- Experience and knowledge of Supply, Marketing,Inventory or Production Accounting processes preferred.
- Well-developed communication, facilitation,influencing and interpersonal skills, essential to building constructiverelationships and credibility with diverse stakeholders and crossfunctional teams.
- Good project management skills involvingoversight of a large and complex project.
- Demonstrated success in people and stakeholdermanagement within a large, complex and global organisation.
- Business acumen – ability to apply a strategicand business lens to technical areas and to translate technical mattersinto a common business understanding.
- Ability and willingness to routinely traveldomestically and internationally approximately 30% of the time.
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.