- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
Reporting to the Supervisor Site Operations, your key accountabilities will include:
- Provide day to day availability and maintenance of the Fleet Management, Wireless Telemetry and Control Systems, Network, Server, Infrastructure, Digital Radio along with Desktop and / or Meeting Room support
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to support teams to resolve priority issues
- Develop and maintain Technology technical standards
- Completes assigned tasks to work/service order (ESM and 1SAP)
- Optimises the collaboration within a team to support the effective execution of Technology
- Ensure a safe system of work is in place for each activity and report events and hazards where necessary
To be successful in this role, a tertiary qualification or trade certificate in Communications, Electronics, Digital Radio or related discipline would be desirable, although experience in directly related roles will be acceptable. As the successful candidate, you will have sound experience with digital radio, LTE or networking technologies. It would be advantageous to have experience of (FMS) Fleet Management Systems (such as Minestar or Modular), GPS and wireless network systems, but is not essential as training will be provided.
You will be able to demonstrate solid problem solving (including root-cause analysis), fault finding and troubleshooting skills. Your oral and written communication skills will be well developed, and you can prioritise effectively in a high-pressure environment. You will be multi-skilled across communications and electronics and can interpret and read maintenance plans and technical information. A proven track record of safety management and a C class driver’s license are mandatory for this role.
You will be based at our 'Yandi' mine on a fly-in fly-out 8/6 7/7 roster (8 days, 6 days off, 7 nights, then 7 off). Yandi is located approximately 170kms North of Newman West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, squash, tennis and basketball courts, golf driving range, mini golf, netted cricket pitch, beach volleyball court and recreation room. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, internet, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.