- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- State of Queensland
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Real-Time Data Platform within the Technology Transform team, your accountabilities will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Charter, the BHP Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations. Ensure an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development by contributing through Field Leadership.
- Work as an individual contributor, but also lead small project or virtual teams on an ad hoc basis. Drive an exciting new operating model of making real time data available to a broad spectrum of users, most of whom are outside the traditional process control community.
- Provide in-depth time-series historian (OSIsoft PI) expertise to Real-Time Data Platform team and users locally and globally.
- Actively promote and encourage the use of the Real-Time Data Platform across the business and support key “Seed Project” initiatives to expand the Platform features and capabilities.
- Enable support teams and advance users on the application of the platform solutions to realise the business benefits. Apply simplicity by ensuring actionable solutions and outcomes are achieved.
- Perform specialist administration and governance tasks.
Skills & Experience
- Leadership & Behavioural
- Strong communication and engagement skills.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Ability in building customer relationships and providing proficient guidance on delivery of solutions.
- A flexible, resourceful and collaborative problem-solver with solid operational experience.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to identify improvement opportunities.
Functional & Technical
- 3-5+ years in a technical role in delivering specialities in engineering, information and operational technology.
- Industry experience in mining, oil & gas, utilities or manufacturing.
- Must be conversant with Information Technology and/or Operational Technology environments, including but not limited to: Operational Technologies like PLC, OPC, SCADA, Historian, MES; Standards & protocols like ISA S88, ISA S95.
- Deep expertise with OSIsoft PI System including design, installation, configuration, administration and support on the main OSIsoft PI components.
- Working experience on time-series data modelling using OSIsoft PI AF functionalities
- Working experience on integrating OSIsoft PI with other applications/solutions.
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Systems, Electronic/Electrical/Mechatronics/Control Systems Engineering or a related discipline.
- Further postgraduate qualifications and/or specific technology training would be well regarded.
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.