- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- State of Queensland
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
As the Specialist Site Systems reporting to the Superintendent Site Systems, you will provide technical support, governance and training for contractor management. This role will be based at Hay Point on a Monday - Friday roster.
- Monitor contract execution to ensure both contactor & site personnel comply with all terms & conditions of the contract;
- Lead the monitoring & reporting of contractor projects;
- Identify synergies that can be tailored to better suit the business needs;
- On-boarding new vendors (CMS Scope of Work & Risk Register reviews)
- Auditing of contract partners CMS ensuring compliance to Safety Health Management System
- Provide training for Contract Owners, Supervisors, General Users and Contract Partners
- Coordinating pre-mobilisation, safety and performance and close out meetings
You will be able to demonstrate where you have extensively managed contractors in the past and acted as a change agent. You will be engaging, able to build strong relationships that will enable you to influence and sell your ideas and findings. You will love a challenge and confident in your ability to challenge others, you will be motivated by a seeing your results and influencing the change in long-term working practices.
To be successful in securing this role, ideally you will have:
- Experience in Contract Management, Auditing, Training and/or Financial Analysis with relevant Tertiary Qualifications.
- Experience in a project environment where you have tested scenarios for a value proposition coupled with a strong understanding of risk management.
- Well- developed communication, facilitation, influencing and interpersonal skills, essential to building constructive relationships and creditability with stakeholders.
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.