- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Systems Engineer II – C4I / External Communications Team Member
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join the Seapower and Sensor Systems teamin San Diego, CA.
The Seapower and Sensors Systems Department (SSS) provides expertise in the integration, validation, and sell off for various defense programs within IDS.SSS Engineers are involved in all aspects of the Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) cycle. SSS engineers have ownership authority to ensure that individual items are integrated and perform as expected as well as ensuring the system can be sold off. In San Diego, some of the programs SSS supports are the Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), GPS-based Position, Navigation and Timing Service (GPNTS), Landing Platform Dock (LPD) programs and Zumwalt Total Ship Activation.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be an integral part of this elite, highly visible team as a member of the C4I / External Communications team.The team supports the integration, installation, operation and maintenance of the external communication network connected systems installed on the DDG-1000 Class Destroyers.Responsibilities include:
- Installation, integration, grooming, and testing communication hardware and the interaction/operation with the Total Ships Computing Environment and Integrated Communication Controller
- Cross-team communication as well as daily interaction with other contractors, ship’s crew and Government representatives
- Collaborate with software developers and lab sites to help resolve issues; establish relationships to facilitate knowledge sharing
- Investigation and verification for WSTRs found on the ship
- Assist with the development/updating of Plans of Action & Milestones
- Assist with the creation, modification and updating of reports for the customer
- Travel to Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, etc. to support program requirements as needed
- Possible travel on board US Naval vessel as necessary
This position can be a salary grade G09 based on the candidates qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Six (6) years of experience working with networked Radio, Satellite and Link systems, and executing System Integration efforts, and/or in system test and verification/validation
- Experience with automated control of communications functions and connections
- Experience with multiplexing, cryptographic, and routing functions for data, voice, and video
- Experience with remotely monitoring the health and status of systems-of-systems devices
- Experience with DDG-1000 class equipment and concept of operation or equivalent complex US Naval combat system
- Experience with ship processes, waterfront operations and ship activation
- Excellent teaming and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
A current SECRET Security Clearance and the ability to obtain a TOP SECRET Security Clearance is required.
- Net+ or equivalent college level education
- Experience with US Navy shipboard industrial stage testing
- Familiarity with Ship/Crew certification processes and procedures
- Knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies
- B.S. degree in Engineering, or related STEM field.
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at IDS, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by IDS employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, IDS offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits IDS offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at IDS.
- Follow 153922
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
CA - San Diego
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Salary Range: - Relocation: Travel: