- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you passionate about growing local businesses? Are you motivated by the thrill of creating new business relationships, and love working in a fast-paced, forward-thinking environment?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfil our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Sales is the engine room of Groupon - our success is largely on our Sales teams who have an unparalleled knowledge of the market and the customer, as they focus on building partnerships with new Groupon merchants. We spend our days learning about what makes small-business tick and how to craft unique marketing campaigns to help them reach their targeted audiences. Our expertise ultimately creates jobs and drives economies as we help local merchants thrive.
As a Business Development Consultant covering our NSW region, you’ll focus on closing new business for the Groupon platform across our Local Sales vertical - everything ranging from restaurants, leisure, beauty, wellness, fitness, entertainment and services.
You’ll use your connections and related experience to set, meet and hold face-to-face appointments with the merchants. You’ll have autonomy when it comes to prioritising accounts, negotiating complex offers and crafting delightful campaign structures with the end customer in mind. As a local, you'll use your connections and skills to grow partnerships, and scale the businesses we have on our site - both big and small.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that make a meaningful impact in growing local businesses. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
A bit about the role
- Prospecting new business opportunities through cold calling, contacting, consulting with, and closing deals through established networks, relationships, independent research, and our bespoke lead generation pipeline
- Meet with merchants in person to present Groupon as a solution for their business to help their own businesses thrive
- Take ownership of contract negotiation process, dealing with margins, discounts, and other critical elements
- Use consultative selling strategies to reach merchants’ desired outcomes and maximise profit
- Work with our Account Management teams to ensure a smooth handover and transition of accounts post close, to align on merchant strategy
A bit about you
- Solid experience in a new-business hunting sales environment, comfortable cold calling and with a track record of success in a KPI driven sales environment
- You have strong consultation and negotiation skills, and hunting skills so honed, Bear Grylls would be jealous
- The right balance of coach-ability and confidence, and are excited about the opportunity to further develop consultative sales skills
- You're adaptable and can think on your feet; when faced with new challenges or tough conversations, you face them head-on
- You have an uncanny ability to focus in a whirlwind of change, even if that includes the occasional karaoke challenge
- Curious about people, local businesses, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
What's in it for you
- Experience working for one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies in the world with unparalleled career opportunities
- Comprehensive induction and to the business at our pretty cool Sydney HQ and ongoing learning and development
- Free Groupon credits and staff discounts (on top of discounts!) on deals
- Birthday Leave
- Volunteering / Community Days off
- Weekly Friday night drinks & recognition awards
- Emerald Club (Cancun, New York, Boracay, Vegas!)
- Work in our awesome break-out areas, a relaxed and fun culture - and we tend to dress that way too!
- Quarterly and monthly team events and much, much more!
Interested? We'd love to hear from you!
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally