- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- State of Queensland
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
Peak Downs Mine has a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated maintenance or engineering professional who is looking to take the next step in their career. In this key leadership role, you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of Supervisors to effectively execute planned and corrective maintenance work for Infrastructure Facilities, Equipment and Services on site. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this critical leadership position is responsible for a team of staff and contractors who maintain the Infrastructure Facilities, Equipment and Services which are critical to site operations. You will build strong working relationships with key stakeholders on site to ensure work is executed on time and on budget. This role will see you fostering a continuous improvement culture by identifying improvement initiatives to increase Infrastructure Facility and Equipment condition, including sustaining and improvement projects, and Service delivery.
- Implementing and maintaining BMA safety standards and core values;
- Leading people, equipment, and process improvements to ensure optimised performance for facilities, equipment and services across site;
- Ensure all work in your area of responsibility is carried out in a planned and controlled manner and manage site maintenance priorities;
- Managing life cycle maintenance functions for facilities and equipment while keeping in mind all maintenance strategies;
- Providing maintenance leadership to the Infrastructure team and to the wider maintenance department; and
- Lead and participate in site based improvement projects as required.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and/or lean mindset and behavior.
- Demonstrated leadership skills coupled with S1, S2, S3 and G2 qualifications highly regarded
- Experience with maintaining essential services (structural, mechanical, power, water, environmental and cleaning) for the site would be desirable but not required
- The ability to effectively use 1SAP and MS Office Suite;
- Understanding statutory and legislation requirements; and
- Previous mining, construction or quarry experience will be highly regarded.
You will have experience in a leadership role and will utilise your strategic and analytical mind, as well as your business acumen to coach your team in order to drive productivity improvements and cost reduction.A strong systems background with experience using SAP, project management and execution experience would be advantageous. You will also be a performance and achievement oriented professional, who is motivated by exceeding expectations and able to use your relationship building and influencing skills in order to deliver results indirectly through other operational areas Your success will be heavily influenced by your strong communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with your ability to identify issues before they arise
- trades and professions
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.