- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
We are seeking an inquisitive and team-spirited individual to take on this key role in our business ensuring we have safe and effective maintenance contributing to high plant equipment availability.
Reporting to the Superintendent Load & Haul Maintenance, you will be accountable for the supervision of a small team of people working on a 2/2 flexible working arrangement to respond to unplanned breakdowns, and to prioritise these jobs to safely return the mobile fleet back into service.
Your duties will include:
- Monitor work activities against scheduled delivery plans ensuring quality and timely completion
- Lead, coach and mentor employees to deliver on plan and build a high performing team
- Positively influence and shape the team culture to ensure a safe, productive, quality, sustainable and disciplined approach to work
- Assist in identifying and implementing initiatives that contribute to current and potential value to the business from a Mobile Maintenance perspective, ensuring compliance to the Change Management Procedure
- Manage the planning, scheduling and execution of all Mobile Maintenance work and promote operating discipline in accordance with the 1SAP work management processes
If you are an outcome focused, energetic person who is passionate about safety and have the ability to build great relationships within our team, then you will be an ideal candidate to be part of our site family.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Engineering qualification at the trade, diploma or degree level / Mechanic
- Significant experience in a Supervisory position
- Diploma in Frontline Management well regarded
- A proven track record in mine and workshop safety management
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Systems knowledge of maintenance processes (eg Work management, reliability, information management, cost control and budgeting processes)
With a focus on availability, reliability and quality maintenance, your technical strengths will be complemented by well developed communication skills. Proactive, credible and influential, you relate well with people, communicating confidently and building strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
Energetic and driven, you work well in a dynamic and challenging environment bringing a high attention to detail and the consistent ability to meet multiple deadlines.
You will be based at our 'Yandi' mine on a fly-in fly-out a 2/2 part-time flexible working roster. Yandi is located approximately 170kms North of Newman West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, squash, tennis and basketball courts, golf driving range, mini golf, netted cricket pitch, beach volleyball court and recreation room. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, internet, WI-FI refrigerator and air-conditioning.
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.