- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Purpose/ Role
Position Title: Surety Underwriting Officer – Australia & New Zealand
Head of Surety - Australia and New Zealand
Based in Sydney, the position forms part of the Euler Hermes Asia Pacific Regional Surety team. The candidate will contribute to the achievement of profitable and sustainable growth under Euler Hermes’ Asia Pacific Surety strategy. The candidate will have exposure to large & SME Surety & Guarantee transactions throughout Australia & New Zealand. The split role will combine administration/operations support & underwriting functions (30%)
• Preparation of surety facility documentation.
• Preparation and processing of surety bonds from application stage to issuance of final documents, invoicing, wording negotiations and ensuring accuracy data and IT systems.
• Liaising with the Euler Herms Group fronting desk & global banks in relation to fronted and syndicated transactions.
• Contributes to customer satisfaction from the client enrolment to project realization.
• Monitor and maintain receivables ledger in collaboration with local Finance teams.
• Support our Surety BUs through our zero defect policy.
Process & Reporting:
• Improve efficiency and reliability of business processes.
• Follow-up of surety Administration processes and IT back-end system evolution.
• Preparation of statistics and reports for Local and Regional reporting across the portfolio.
• Maintaining the contact and opportunity within Salesforce.
Underwriting - • Management of facility renewals within the portfolio.
• Preparing surety submissions and conducting preliminary financial analysis on new business targets and client renewals.
• Assisting business unit with preparation of facility renewals, including information gathering, preparing renewal pack, preliminary financial analysis and facility renewal.
Key Requirements/ Skills
• Minimum 3 years experience working in a similar role within a surety company or bank with a working knowledge of the surety product and ability to understand complex surety structures.
• University degree in Business, Finance or related field.
• Financial analysis skills with proven ability to read and analyse financial statements.
• Possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft products, Salesforce & basic accounting & finance functions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
• Strong time management skills and proven experience working in a high-pressure professional environment.
• Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment & individually.
Only local employment terms and conditions will be offered. Need to hold work permit in AU and available to join immediately.