- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Gold Coast
About the Position
As a Payroll Officer at the City you would work within our 15 member customer-focused team servicing an organisation comprising of 4000 employees. Our team is responsible for the processing of high volume end-to-end payroll services for our large multi disciplined client base which may include transactional duties such as the on-boarding of new starters, processing employee higher duties and secondments, personnel changes, calculation of superannuation, workcover and payroll tax.
Key factors of the position:
- Timely and accurate processing of end-to-end payroll services
- Interpretation of multiple Awards and EBA's
- Processing new employment details and termination requests within strict timeframes
- Utilising a variety of software systems and programs and adapting quickly to new technologies
- High level of customer service and communication skills, including written, verbal and consultation
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines, achieve goals and manage competing tasks simultaneously
- Resolving numerous challenging queries in a timely manner What you will need to be successful in this environment:
- At least 3 years demonstrable experience working within a large organisation in the provision of full payroll operations
- Extensive working knowledge of the HRIS chris21
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- High attention to detail What we Offer
Working for the City is both challenging and rewarding. You will enjoy a team culture that promotes a healthy work life balance with flexible working arrangements, coupled with a friendly and supportive team environment where you are recognised and rewarded. We support professional development and provide personalised training to enhance your career progression. We offer Competitive remuneration plus up to 12% superannuation contribution and options to salary sacrifice are also offered.
How We Do Things
- We aim high – we are passionate about delivering the best for our city
- We add value – we are innovative and make the most of every opportunity
- We work as a team – our people are great individually, but unstoppable together
- We take responsibility – we are committed to working safely, being trustworthy and owning our actions The City is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons are encouraged to apply.
As part of our selection process, you will be required to undertake drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Australian Standards and Council's procedures.
Screening questions Essential: Do you possess a minimum of 3 years' experience working in a high volume and high pressure payroll department?
Essential: Have you used the chris21 system? If so please detail your experience in your use of this system. Contact person Deb Blyth Contact number 0755816960 Closing date Open Ended Job Success Profile (JSP) Employee Services Administrator.pdf Open Application guide Application Guide Print Apply Now
- customer service