- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Located in the northern part of the Isaac Regional Shire and approximately 200 kilometres south-west of Mackay is Moranbah. Central Highlands is spread across 17 unique communities including the larger towns of Clermont, Coppabella, Dysart, Glenden, Middlemount, Moranbah, Nebo and St Lawrence. It also includes the smaller communities of Carmila, Clairview, Clarke Creek, Greenhill, Ilbilbie, Kilcummin, Mackenzie River, Mistake Creek and Valkyrie.
One of the youngest towns in Queensland, Moranbah was created for miners and their families with rich charm and emanating warmth. It is often described as the hub of the Isaac Region, offering most services you will find in the bigger towns. The town's newly refurbished town centre includes an interesting water feature and new child's play area creating a relaxing atmosphere where you can enjoy a coffee break with friends at the local bakery while entertaining the kids.
For further information about the school, please click here to visit the school's website.
What is in it for you?
As the largest employer of teachers in Queensland the department has some attractive benefits for employees, including:
- assistance with relocating
- attractive salary and benefits
- incentives for teaching in remote areas
- locality allowance in specified locations
- subsidised accommodation in specified locations Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more c lick here .
Applicants for these positions must possess:
- A relevant teaching qualification. Click here for further information on teaching qualifications.
- Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department. How to apply:
- Click the Green 'Apply online' button below
- Enter your personal details
- Attach your current CV including contact details of two professional referees
- Pre-service teachers are encouragedto include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study Employment as a teacher is available to:
- Australian citizens.
- Persons who reside in Australia and have permission or a right to be granted permission, under Commonwealth law, to remain in Australia indefinitely.
- New Zealand citizens who have a special category visa or a right to be granted a special category visa under the Migration Act 1958. **Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**