- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Mount Isais a beautiful mining town located just two hours' drive from the border between Queensland and the Northern Territory. Nestled among the ochre-red Selwyn Ranges, on the banks of the Leichardt River, it is a bustling melting pot of culture and industry. With a resident population of approximately 22,000 people, Mount Isa is the largest city in the Queensland Outback - perfectly sized to provide wonderful "country hospitality" alongside all the creature comforts of a larger city. CLICK HERE to find out more about what Mount Isa has to offer!
Spinifex State College is committed to being recognised as a high performing school. Our college values each individual learner and supports: hard work, dedication, innovation, creativity and the pursuit of success through individual pathways and personalised learning.
Our school is proud of the quality curriculum programs that we offer and the excellent results we achieve.Our strong links with Mount IsaMINES and other businesses have led to many authentic learning opportunities to prepare students for their chosen post-school pathways. This includes school based apprenticeships, work experience and guest speakers.
Engineering teachers at Spinifex State College not only help prepare students for future work opportunities, they are an important link between the school, TAFE and major employers in Mount Isa. The successful applicant will have a direct impact on helping students obtain trade related employment at the completion of Year 12. On top of this, you will be working in a state-of-the-art, industry standard workshop in ourfourmillion dollar Trade Training Centre.
To be successful in this role, you need to be a passionate teacher with good knowledge of workshop safety and procedures. You will be working with students from a range of backgrounds with a range of abilities, and will encourage your students tolearn from and respect all people and cultures. While not mandatory, a trade background will be a fantastic asset to this role.
What's in it for you?
Aside from the joy of making a real difference in the lives of your students, the Department offers a number of additional benefits and incentives for teachers in Mount Isa:
- A highly attractive remuneration package, generous superannuation, salary sacrificing options and leave loading
- An exceptional opportunity to build your knowledge and strengthen your opportunities through targeted professional development
- Considerable relocation assistance (if applicable)
- Air-conditioned and inexpensiveaccommodationfor singles, couples or families (subject to availability)
- Access to a range of additional benefits through ourRemote Area Incentive Scheme (RAIS) Above all else, teaching at Spinifex State College will provide you with the fantastic opportunity to grow both personally and professionally.
If you are committed to building a brighter future for your students - apply now!
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more CLICK HERE .
Applicants for these positions must possess:
- Arelevant teaching qualification. CLICK HERE for further information on teaching qualifications.
- Employmentforpre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successfulcompletion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimumrequirementsas a teacher with the department. How to apply:
- Clickthe Green 'Apply online'button below
- Enteryour personal details
- Attachyour current CV including contact details of two professional referees
- Pre-serviceteachers are encouragedto include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study **Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**