- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 47 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
We are currently seeking a switched on Team Assistant to join our Business Services & Management team for 6 months. This role will see you working closely with a small team of Directors to provide a high level of administrative support. You will also assist the broader management team with ad hoc tasks as required.
More specifically, responsibilities will include:
- Answering the phone – appropriately screening calls, resolving simple queries wherever possible, taking and relaying messages promptly and, if necessary, redirecting queries
- Creating and amending typed documents such as letters, emails, memos, contracts, agreements, presentations and pitch documents, using version control and track changes
- Processing expense claims
- Screening and organising correspondence (with voicemail, email, and regular postal mail), in teams' absence and as per requests
- Working directly with internal clients, developing and maintaining relationships, and assisting with business development activities
- Organising couriers, conferences and functions, travel and accommodation, internal and external meetings (including room, car spaces, catering, invitations etc) for Directors
- Managing calendars and schedules and keeping informed about the Director's whereabouts at all times
- Assisting in preparing and distributing relevant documentation prior to critical dates (e.g. meetings, etc.)
- Identifying, opening, generating, maintaining, labelling, updating and closing files, according to task and the Firm’s requirements
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks as required Skills and Experience Required
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally in a law firm or professional services environment supporting multiple team membersA minimum typing speed of 50 wpm (90% accuracy rate)
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Able to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity
- Strong service orientation Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, and marital and parental status may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm.
We believe that diversity within the Firm makes us stronger, and that an inclusive workplace will enable our talented workforce to achieve their potential. We celebrate differences, and all of our people are expected to create and maintain an open and supportive culture for everyone.
We welcome applications from all candidates, and male candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
If you are self motivated and excited by the connectivity that a global law firm can offer, then we would like to hear from you. Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Kathleen Blackburn, Talent Management Advisor, 02 8922 5255.