- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- BARANGAROO AU
About the role
An opportunity now exists for an enthusiastic individual to join the Marsh Technical Services team as a Technical Consultant based in Sydney. You will be responsible for providing commercially-focused technical assistance to Marsh colleagues, covering all aspects of general insurance and related matters.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide written and verbal technical analysis, interpretation and advice to Marsh colleagues on all aspects of general insurance in a relevant and practical manner.
- Draft and review market and bespoke policy wordings and endorsements.
- Develop, review and maintain industry and manuscript pro-forma insurance policy wordings
- Conduct training seminars and workshops for Marsh colleagues on technically relevant issues.
- Create articles discussing technical insurance issues for Marsh and client use.
- Keep abreast of all new technical, legislative and product developments in connection with all classes of general insurance.
- Attend client and business development meetings to support client servicing colleagues. Skills and experience required:
- A strong insurance industry background in general insurance with practical experience within broking, underwriting or claims roles
- The ability to understand and communicate complex insurance issues in a relatable, audience-appropriate way.
- Solid customer service skills and experience, with the ability to write, converse and present effectively and adapt to the needs of different customers.
- Ideally, 8+ years of industry experience.
- A Diploma or Degree in Financial Services (Insurance or Insurance Broking specialisations).
- The successful candidate will be a hands-on individual who is capable of meeting deadlines and working well under pressure. Applicants with demonstrated experience who do not have these qualifications are encouraged to apply but must be willing to undertake further education to attain a Tier 1 Statement of Compliance in Insurance Broking practice.
If you are looking for a stimulating role in a truly global organisation that is committed to innovation and excellence, then look no further than Marsh.
Apply through our website by clicking on the link and address your letter to Harveen Bhinder.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
- customer service