- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Strike Force Services Pty Ltd provides Facility Maintenance services to the Mining & Power Station industries, Government and Commercial premises. Strike Force Services are a reputable and growing company located at various sites throughout NSW & QLD.About the role
We are currently looking for responsible and dedicated Trade Assistants to join our team. This role is a casual position assisting with labouring and cleaning work on a mine site approx 20km North of Singleton.
- Maintaining the internal & external areas of the Mining Facilities.
- Ensuring all waste materials are removed in a timely fashion, with appropriate segregation of different waste streams.
- Daily inspection of work areas & reporting of any defects and hazards.
- Daily restocking of various consumables throughout the Facilities.
- Repairs and maintenance of a vast array of infrastructure.
- Performing minor fixes such as repairing broken door handles/locks, unblocking toilets, patching holes, ground maintenance (whipper snipper and mowing) etc.
- Communicate with Strike Force Facilities Coordinator & client supervisor to determine daily work priorities.
- Adhere to Strike Force Services & site policies and procedures
- Actively participate in daily risk management processes & regular toolbox meetings
- Undertake Job Safety Analysis and SLAMS on site before each task.
Skills and experience
- Be prepared to work 10hr days when required
- Be able to work weekends when required
- Live within 1 hour's drive of Singleton
- General building maintenance / handyman / labouring / experience.
- Sound understanding of tools & equipment
- High level of physical fitness to perform the lifting / manual handling of this role.
- The ability to plan, prioritise & problem solve.
- Good time management skills & strong attention to detail.
- Be able to work effectively & productively both alone & as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Good work ethic and reliability to turn up to work is paramount.
- Confidence to effectively communicate with the client.
- Be able to stand/walk over long periods of time, indoors and outdoors during summer and winter months.
- Current drivers licence (manual)
Strike Force Services policy requires all potential employees to successfully complete and pass a full medical including drug & alcohol testing. We have a zero tolerance for drugs & alcohol. Drug & alcohol testing is ongoing during term of employment.
Apply for this exciting chance to develop your career within mining & power station industries, Government and Commercial premises in a local role! Please email a cover letter and your resume.