- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Perth City Square is home to BHP Iron Ore’s state-of-the-art Integrated Remote Operations Centre (IROC). Our Control Centre operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week using advanced, real-time technology to enable visibility and control, across the entire Iron Ore supply chain.
As a technology enabled centre of excellence, IROC employees work collaboratively with site on a shift-to-shift basis to make faster decisions improving safety and optimising value across the supply chain.
Within IROC, you will work with passionate, innovative and results driven individuals who bring the best of themselves to what they do. Coming from diverse backgrounds, they embrace new ways of working and benefit from comprehensive training to prepare them for their roles.
About the role
Reporting to the Supervisor Rail Control, you will play an integral role by:
- Ensuring all injuries, incidents, near misses or hazards are reported in compliance with the WAIO incident reporting guidelines
- Using established systems to recognise and control at risk behaviours and situations
- Initiating business continuity procedures in events leading to loss of communications or emergency response protocols
- Monitoring systems and notify Supervisors of changes
- Planning, coordination and implementation of on-track mainline and yard movements
- Ensuring track maintenance activities are in accordance with the daily schedule
- Optimising the use of our rail network whilst adhering to rail safe working rules & procedures
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic work place in accordance with HSEC Policies
- Taking personal responsibility for helping the team achieve expected results by doing what is required and taking timely actions within the scope of competence without being supervised
- Taking responsibility to identifying and finding solutions to day-to-day problems in the workplace, and ensuring any faults and/or breakdowns are reported immediately
- Conducting effective and comprehensive handovers from "controller to controller" to ensure continuation of safe production
Lifestyle Roster – Part Time
This position will work on our Lifestyle Roster, working a pattern of days and nights, with a block of days off at the end of each swing.
Employees on this roster enjoy two full weekends off out of four and will align to the following shift rotation: 2D2N5X, 2D3N4X, 3D2N5X. Shifts are 12.5 hours including handover and you will benefit from additional shift allowances, as part of your remuneration package. As an added benefit, those on a Lifestyle Roster will also enjoy an additional week of annual leave per year. With this Traineeship we are able to offer this position on a Part Time basis working on a 9 hour shift. This equates to 0.75 of a FTE.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- A C class drivers licence
- Proficiency in computer operation and application
- An excellent level of discipline to processes and procedures
- Strong communication and logistical skills
- Identify as Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.