- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Perth City Square is home to BHP Iron Ore’s state-of-the-art Integrated Remote Operations Centre (IROC). Our Control Centre operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week using advanced, real-time technology to enable visibility and control, across the entire Iron Ore supply chain.
As a technology enabled centre of excellence, IROC employees work collaboratively with site on a shift-to-shift basis to make faster decisions improving safety and optimising value across the supply chain.
Within IROC, you will work with passionate, innovative and results driven individuals who bring the best of themselves to what they do. Coming from diverse backgrounds, they embrace new ways of working and benefit from comprehensive training to prepare them for their roles.
About the role
The Mine Controller Trainer Assessor implements training plans and resource material for training of IROC Mine Controllers ensuring a high level of controller competency is maintained
Reporting to one of the Supervisor Training, you will play an integral role by:
- Being multi skilled across numerous Mine Control stations in order to provide sufficient training and assessing flexibility
- Monitoring shift skills balancing and coordinating training for Mine Control personnel to meet their role requirements
- Training and verifying IROC Mine Control personnel on their competency to operate Mine Control functions (both theoretical and practical assessments)
- Providing training which will permit the trainee to reach a level of competence that is compatible with the Fleet Management System designed performance level
- Providing input into any proposed changes to work practices so that the impact of training requirements is clearly understood
- Reviewing procedures/procedure manuals and training content for currency and correctness as required
Flexible Lifestyle Roster with Site Travel
This position will work on our Lifestyle Roster, working a pattern of days and nights, with a block of days off at the end of each swing.
Employees on this roster enjoy two full weekends off out of four and will align to the following shift rotation: 4D5X, 5D4X, 5D5X. Shifts are 12 hours and you will benefit from additional shift allowances, as part of your remuneration package. As an added benefit, those on a Lifestyle Roster will also enjoy an additional week of annual leave per year. With this role we are also keen to hear from individuals who are able to take on a FIFO roster (likely 8/6) for a period of time if required. A number of our team members enjoy flexible working options with a variety of shift and roster patterns. Ask us about the flexible work arrangements available with this position.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Significant dispatching experience using Minestar or Modular Fleet Management Systems.
- MineStar Command experience would also be an advantage.
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (desirable)
- Experience as a Trainer Assessor in a high pressure environment would also be highly advantageous
- The ability to travel to site on a regular basis
- A C class drivers licence
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.