- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Client is a prestigious Australian media brand based in Sydney's CBD. They require a Windows Engineer to join their existing IT Windows Server Team to manage and deliver assigned projects tasks to deliver multiple projects relating to Windows infrastructure across their large and complex corporate IT environment.
- Provide second and third level technical support. Develop and maintain clients Windows infrastructure, including Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory services/DNS/Group Policy/DHCP, VMware vSphere environment including ESXi v6.0/v6.5, Cisco UCS infrastructure including physical hardware builds.
- Provide technical leadership in the Windows space, explore new technologies, make recommendations on ways to improve and modernise Windows capabilities.
- Co-ordinate and deliver development, maintenance and upgrade projects relating to the client's Windows infrastructure, including Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory services/DNS/Group Policy/DHCP, VMware vSphere environment including ESXi v6.0/v6.5, Cisco UCS infrastructure.
- Manage assigned projects and deliver work to agreed priorities; manage own work load to achieve results to agreed standards and within agreed time frames; provide reports of progress as required, including management reports.
- Maintain detailed technical knowledge of clients's Windows infrastructure. Create and maintain technical standards and support documentation.
- Provide advice and consultation to internal clients, and IT Management, on technology issues involved in the planning/implementation/management of Windows physical & virtualised systems.
- Mentor and coach assigned team members.
- Actively promote the client's values and apply all relevant workplace policies and guidelines.
- Cooperate with any reasonable instruction, procedure or policy relating to safety, and take reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their conduct while at work. Required Skills/Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a computing related field and/or vendor certification in appropriate technologies and/or relevant experience (MCSA, VCP highly desirable).
- Broad knowledge (backed by at least 4-5 year's experience) in the design and implementation of Windows based server infrastructure in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in the design, implementation, management and support of as many of the following:
- Active Directory/Group Policy/DNS/DHCP
- Enterprise server hardware, especially Cisco UCS
- Experience in large scale VMware vSphere environments
- Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop
- Microsoft Server OS build processes, including image based deployment methodologies.
- Integration of external vendor applications into enterprise environments
- Enterprise security requirements at the Operating System level, including determining Firewall and networking requirements for server deployments and remediating security issues
- Cloud (IaaS) experience with AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Server Clustering (MSCS)
- AD Certificate Services
- Endpoint Management Suites such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and/or Symantec Management Platform (SMP/Altiris)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- PowerShell Scripting.
- Experience in coordinating projects to deliver solutions to clients in conformity to standards in a complex business and technical environment.
- Ability to independently manage workload to agreed priorities and timelines across multiple tasks simultaneously, apply highly developed analytical skills with a structured and organised approach.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; familiarity with ITIL, change management and standard project management methodologies as well as time tracking and project reporting environments.
- ms project