Digital Content Manager (Temporary)
February 2019 - at Present
• Creating and mailing the LonAgro digital newsletter. • Creating flyers and banners for use online (social media and website) and print. • Writing news stories for the LonAgro website. • Liaising with Country Managers and marketing staff. • Maintain the LonAgro YouTube channel. • Administer the LonAgro website (WordPress site). • Assist LonAgro countries with their social media channels. Description: When I was retrenched, Lonrho’s LonAgro division in Mauritius retained me on a temporary basis but I would prefer to find permanent employment. Reason for Looking: I am looking for full-time employment. Reference: Alan Crossan (Sales Director Machinery Group) - (011)571-9716
Freelance Writer/Contributor (Part-time)
at Speed and Sound Magazine
September 2015 - at Present
• Creating mind-blowing feature articles for some of the hottest custom cars in South Africa and abroad. • Researching and writing technical articles. • Attending photoshoots and conducting interviews with the owners. • Creating research articles on the latest custom car trends. Noteworthy Events: • Assisted at the 2016 Speed and Sound MotorEx Expo. • Conducted driver interviews at a private drag racing event (Soft copy link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ0SuF-p_4w) Description: I sought this role so that I could use my writing talents and passion for cars to earn extra money to cover my fuel costs and maintenance. I also enjoy this role because it keeps my creative juices flowing. I work remotely and only during free time. Reason for Looking: I am looking for full-time employment. Reference: Joel Silva (Editor) - 082-550-0723.
Digital Content Manager
March 2015 - February 2019
• Creating content on the intranet for each business division. • Liaising with company representatives from various offices for content and then editing/rewriting submitted content. • Drawing up user manuals, SOPs, and guides for company Web Writing, SharePoint features, O365 applications, the Active Directory etc. • Administering the exchange via M/S Exchange Admin on the tenant: Mailbox delegation, forwarders, permissions etc. • Creating and mailing the LonAgro newsletters. • Designing banners and flyers for LonAgro. • Collecting, correlating, and reporting on website and newsletter statistics. • Creating and maintaining the LonAgro Africa YouTube channel and Facebook Group. • Manage the Lonrho.com website. • Assisted with Service Desk Management on several occasions. Description: This role saw me service multiple divisions across the business group. Reason for Leaving: I was retrenched. Reference: Michael Longworth (MIS Manager) - (011)571-1900.
Copywriter and Social Media Manager
at Belgium Campus
March 2013 - February 2015
• Writing all marketing material e.g. the annual Academic Prospectus and student Welcome Pack. • Setting up and maintaining the campus’ social network sites. • Managing content on the website. • Writing various other materials for the campus e.g. the acceptance and rejection letters, advertisements for job positions etc. • Compiling articles for events on campus and taking pictures, including the visit of HRH Princess Astrid of Belgium and interviewing students. • Proofreading and editing speeches and media content for the Chairman and Vice-Chancellor. • Booking media space for adverts and creating press releases. • Representing the campus at career expos and speaking to prospective students at both schools and malls. • “Selling” the campus to parents and prospective students when visiting the campus. • Assisting with admin when able to. Reason for Leaving: I was offered a position closer to home with a higher salary. Refence: Enrico Jacobs (Vice Chancellor) - (012)542-3114.
at Max My Ride Magazine
February 2011 - March 2013
• Main feature writer for most of the articles and features. I am one of very few, if not the only person in South Africa to have written a full feature article on the one-off Toyota Aygo Crazy from the UK. • Writing product blurbs for products and companies. • Interviewing figures in the industry. • Sourcing information and subject matter. • Event coverage and photography. • Editorials and write-ups for advertisers and products in the magazine. • Writing press releases for events which ran in the magazine, including one for the Top Gear Festival 2012. • Proofreading and editing co-workers and contributors’ articles from Cape Town and PE. • Contributing to the management of the magazine’s social media. • Sale of back issues. Reason for Leaving: I was offered double my salary and a wider range of benefits. Reference: Alistair Mark Andrews (Owner) - 082 620 7789. Business no longer in operation.
Part-time Sales Assistant
at Look and Listen Clearwater Mall
August 2007 - February 2011
Worked as a part-time sales assistant and said to be one of the best salespeople in the store. Description: This was a part-time job that I held throughout university. Reason for Leaving: I completed my degree. Reference: None – business no longer in operation.
Digital Marketing Course: Facebook Advertising and Google AdWords
at Digital Business Academy
2018 - 2018 (1 year) Gauteng
Bachelors in Journalism
at University of Johannesburg
2006 - 2010 (4 years) Gauteng
at Greenside High School
2001 - 2005 (4 years) Gauteng
Knowledge and keywords