Director, Operations Finance-Asia & Japan
at Entegris Asia Pte Ltd
January 2015 - at Present
• Provides financial leadership in the annual planning process for the operations organization, relating to development of manufacturing rates, spending budgets, headcount and capital spending requirements. • Ensures the plants’ fiscal plans and forecasts align with business plans, revenue forecasts, target gross margins, and recommends correctives actions as necessary. • Acts as the financial advisor for Operations and Supply Chain leaders in Asia & Japan region. • Provides analysis and recommendations related to strategic initiatives aimed at improving effectiveness and financial results.
Senior Manager-Profitability & Cost Management
at Statschippac Ltd
March 2013 - January 2015
• In-depth analysis on all cost elements that impact per unit cost. • Standardize methodology to be used by all plant finance on costing and pricing products. • GAP analysis on Actuals against AOP/Forecast/Roadmap target. • Challenge all plants on cost reduction initiatives and identify Risk & Opportunity to meet AOP/Forecast/Roadmap target • Support ROI computation on business proposal for capex investment.
Senior Finance Manager
at MEMC SINGAPORE PTE. LTD
March 2010 - March 2013
• Manage a team of 6 senior finance staffs based in US, China, Malaysia and Singapore, with P&L & Balance Sheet responsibilities. • Partner with Operations team to develop yearly budget and monthly rolling forecast. Highlight Risks & Opportunity, challenge all sites to drive operational cost down and to meet quarterly Profit and Cash Flow Target.
Staff Financial Analyst
at Qualcomm CDMA Technologies Asia-Pacific Pte. Ltd
May 2008 - March 2010
• Handle all financials matters and perform routine and monthly financial reporting • Establish process to track key EDB milestones, produced timely and accurate claims from R&D incentive grant. • Liaise with external auditor on yearly financials audit, fixed assets sighting and EDB grant claims. • Handle GST F5 filing and liaise with IRAS on tax related matters. • Perform expense and cash flow forecast, advice functional teams on financial related matters. • Drive cost reduction and achieve substantial savings in utilities, telecom, facility maintenance and consultancy expenses.
Senior Financial Analyst
at Ingram Micro Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd
September 2004 - May 2008
• Consolidate monthly financials reporting for Asia Pacific region. Performed value added analysis such as risks and opportunities to Forecast and Annual Operating Plan. • Design and implement web-based financial consolidation system (Comshare) to consolidate Asia Pacific Region financials, with significant reduction in data compilation time but yet improved accuracy and allowed more in-depth analysis. • Prepare presentations for quarterly CFO & BOD meetings.
at AFPD Pte. Ltd
April 2002 - September 2004
• Lead Cost Accounting, FP&A, Fixed Assets management activities for Singapore manufacturing plant. • Work closely with all departments to drive cost reduction and successfully attained substantial savings in utility, maintenance, telecommunication, travel and outside services expenses. • Audit and track savings derived from Continuous Improvement projects. • Work with all departments to complete annual operating plan and monthly forecasting. • Define process and reports requirement and oversee the implementation of a new Oracle financial system.
at Creative Technology Ltd
April 1999 - April 2002
• Responsible for all aspects of Cost Accounting & Variance Analysis for Singapore manufacturing plant and distribution center. • Perform intercompany reconciliation and monitor transfer price profit margin to RBU.
at Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants
2010 - at Present (10 years) Singapore
at Australian Society of CPAs
2005 - at Present (15 years) Singapore
Master of Business Systems
at Monash University
2005 - 2007 (2 years) State of Victoria
Bachelor of Accounting
at Curtin University
1994 - 1996 (2 years) State of Western Australia