at Rixos Hotels and Resorts
September 2018 - October 2019
• Verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management. • Providing direction to the night audit team so as to ensure proper revenue reporting. • Reviewing all ledger details guest ledger, city ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting. • Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow. • Ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively. • Preparing and presenting financial reports for meetings and investors. • Maintain banking relationships and negotiating loans and merchant services for business units. • Providing direction and training to hotel operational team in areas related to finance, financial reports, internal controls, labour management, payroll, etc. • Effectively manage the accounting team through respectful communication, clear expectations, relevant training, productive coaching, regular meetings, and appropriate performance management.
at NRTC Group, Food & Beverages
September 2017 - August 2018
• Finalization of the books of account of Group. • Management Reporting • Credit Monitoring, policy creation and Cash flow Management • VAT review and Submission • Cost- Revenue- Profitability analysis on High level and Product profitability monitoring. • Internal And External Audit governance. • SOP and KPI review and updating. • Supplier and bank dealings. • Payroll review and approval, recruit, organize, train and manage staff. • Liaison between the organization and its shareholders, the investing public and external financial analysts • Establish profitability standards for investment activities and handle mergers and/or acquisitions • Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's financial performance. • Variance analysis and reporting
Assistant Director Of Finance
at Emaar Hospitality Group
July 2014 - April 2017
• Finalization of the books of account, cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports of Emaar Leisure Group. • Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of an accounting, audit. • Financial policy, systems, financial simulation models and procedures implementation. • Review and submission of Business unit’s financial statements and Management Reports. • Presentation of Reports at Business Review Meetings. • Cash Flow management, Procurement reviews and approval. • Directs and overview Internal and External Audit proceedings • Strategic and Standard Operating Policy creation of Hotel and Marina operations. • Signatory on all Bank Cheques, Transfers, Contracts and Memos. • Preparation of Budget strategies, Budget review and approval, analyse and correct estimates. Directs other financial control functions to senior managers and other department or regional managers • Payroll review and approval, recruit, organize, train and manage staff.
Senior Finance Manager
at The Els Club - Dubai Sports City, Dubai
January 2008 - June 2014
• Finalization of the books of account. • Supervises and participates in the preparation of various financial statements and Management Reports. • Budget Preparations and presenting the budget at the Director Board. • Directs internal audits involving review of accounting, administrative controls, approval of Contracts, Purchase Orders, Validation of invoices and budgetary control. • Cash / Fund Flow Analysis & Monitoring fund movements and arranging bank transfers. • Financial policy, systems, financial simulation models and procedures implementation. • and submission of Business unit’s financial statements and Management Reports. • Presentation of Reports at Business Review Meetings. • Cash Flow management, Procurement reviews and approval. • Directs and overview Internal and External Audit proceedings • Risk Register review, monitoring and mitigation measures •
Asst. Finance Manager / Senior Finance Executive
at Emaar Hospitality Group
October 2003 - January 2008
• Operational Accounting and Management Reporting. • Finalization of Books of Accounts, Monthly Quarterly and Yearly Consolidation of accounts. • AP / AR statement, Invoice and F&B Cost Control Report analysis and payment follow-ups. • Credit Evaluation and appraising credit on Corporate Clients. • Membership & Corporate Client Servicing • Credit Card, Bank and Inter Company Reconciliations • Directs the installation and maintenance of new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls. • Preparation of Annual Budget, Business Plan. • Formulating Departmental Appraisal and payroll deductions • Analysis of Tee Sheets, function sheets and room booking.
Accountant / Asst. F&B Cost Controller
at DUBAI GOLF
November 2000 - September 2003
• Preparation of Cash Flow Statements, Bank Reconciliation and Credit Card Reconciliation. • Analysis of Golf Rounds, Daily Revenue, F&B Function Sheets. • Preparation of Daily Sales Report and Comparison Reports for the Management, Preparation and posting of Journals. • Bank and Inter Company Reconciliations • Inventory Controls & Cost Analysis. • Daily Banking, Preparation of Invoices, Follow up and Collection of over dues.
at University of Madras
1997 - 1999 (2 years) Chennai - Tamil Nādu
at Mahatma Gandhi University
1993 - 1996 (3 years) Kottayam - Kerala
Knowledge and keywords