Markit May 2010 - at PresentMarkit Amsterdam - Incident Management May 2010 – Present Day
NOC Incident Manager, Markit on Demand, Boulder, USA (Sep 2012 – Dec 2014)
• Staffing of 6 NOC Operators on a 24x7x365 shift rotation
• Handling communication, co-ordination and reporting for all major incidents
• Working closely with the business to deliver excellent service for clients
• Driving service improvement in alignment with department objectives
• Overseeing troubleshooting and resolution of incidents detected via monitoring and for client reported incidents
• Compiling and presenting volumetric and trending data for analysis
• Implemented NOC Business Continuity Plan
Network Operations Centre, Markit N.V, Amsterdam (May 2010 – Sep 2012)
• Monitoring global product and office infrastructure via multiple monitoring systems
• Prioritizing and tracking critical alerts on Networks, Windows, and UNIX
IT Service Desk Analyst
Intrum Justitia April 2009 - May 2010• Handling all IT related incidents, and change requests from local IT at sites across Europe
• Supporting local IT staff in the Intrum Justitia Data Centre. Changing daily backup tapes for IBM AS400
• Supporting and using Windows OS, Win Server 2003\2008, Active Directory, Exchange 2007, Checkpoint
VPN, MacAfee Anti Virus, Barracuda Spam Filter, Citrix, Blackberry and BES Management, Surf Control Web Proxy
• Monitoring and responding to alarms for critical incidents for outages including WAN, and servers
• Adhering to agreed SLAs and compiling monthly SLA report
• Documenting and tracking incidents in BMC Service Desk Express based on ITSM model
Help Desk Support Specialist
Laureate Online Education October 2008 - April 2009• Daily maintenance of the IT environment monitoring 200 workstations
• Troubleshooting all desktop incidents
• Logging all incidents into a global in-house service desk application
• Monitoring user compliance with IT policies
• Installation of new workstations in compliance with IT policies and giving training to new users for proper system usage
• Administration of all hardware, software and IT supplies
IT Support Analyst
Unisys January 2006 - October 2008• Providing 1st level technical support to various corporate and public sector employees, including Unilever and Merrill Lynch.
• Logging tickets into Remedy resolving where possible or escalating to 2nd or 3rd line support groups.
Supporting an array of software / hardware configuration including Microsoft Windows NT / 2000 / XP and all versions of Microsoft Office.
• Diagnosing and resolving technical incidents, troubleshooting domain account issues, configuring printers and shared network drives.
• Providing training for new staff and carrying out switch-over phone line testing. Acting mentor for colleagues and peers.