IT Technician (SIT)
at Department of Higher Education and Training(Westcol TVET College)
January 2017 - August 2017
• Replacing parts as required • Supporting the roll-out of new applications • Conducting daily backup operations. • Managing technical documentation. • Installing and upgrading anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level. • Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability. • Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting. • Ability to troubleshooting windows networking including Firewalls, DNS, DHCP & TCP/IP • Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks • Rebuilding computers and installing the software from college intranet
CCNA 1 Routing and Switching
at CISCO Networking Academy
2016 - 2018 (2 years) Gauteng
National Certificate (Vocational)
at Sekhukhune TVET College
2009 - 2011 (2 years) Limpopo
• Analyse requests using appropriate system applications and if necessary, reply in writing.
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks from an HPRS perspective within the NHI-IS portfolio.
• Ability to install and configure HPRS and the greater technical HPRS ecosystem. (computer system), upgrade support and resolve synchronisation issues.
• Diagnosing hardware/software faults.
• Solving technical problems, either over the phone or face to face.
• Able to work with customers/end-users of the HPRS system to identify computer problems and advising on the solution.
• Logging and keeping records of these queries.
• Logging calls for users an assisting them to escalating to 3rd Line CSIR support if needed.
• Analysing call logs so you can spot common trends and underlying problems.
• Updating self-help documents for the HPRS Ecosystem so end-users/provincial and district IT support can try to fix problems themselves.
• Working with field technical support to visit establishments if the problem is more serious.
• Testing and fixing faulty equipment
Knowledge and keywords