SYNGENTA LATAM NORTH PANAMA October 2013 - December 2016The scope of this job position regards to the management of the Syngenta factories and the third party sites to make agrochemical and processed seeds. This manufacturing network is responsible to deliver the finished good according to the annual sales plan of Mexico, Central America & Caribe and Andean countries (Total sales crop protection: US$ 550MM, Total sales corn seeds: US$ 55M). Main achievements:
• High performance team conformation.
• Strengthening of the HSEQ (Health, Safety, Environment and Quality) management system to reduce in 25% the recordable incidents.
• Reduction of operating costs in 8% vs. previous years (average gross profit @ 55%).
• Develop a robust process to manage new product introduction as part of business growth strategy.
• Justification and execution of capital investments approx. US$ 10MM.
• Develop of strategic manufacturing third parties as extension of the own factories. Total co-manufacturers: 6.
KRAFT FOODS PERU January 2008 - March 2013Plant Director
This position reports to the Director of Operations located in the city of Caracas and locally to the General Manager of the country. Main responsibilities regard to the definition and execution of manufacturing strategies, budget structuring, execution of capital investement, and people development. It has 10 direct reports (all of them Managers) and a group of 700 people reporting indirectly.
• Definition and implementation of a plan for technology upgrading in order to increase capacity in 50% as well as capability to develop new products. Total investment of U.S. $ 38MM executed in a period of four years.
• Implementation of a continuous improvement model based on Lean and six-sigma in order to seek for a
culture of excellence and the best cost imaginable. Achieved savings of 3% of total cost in three years.
• Developed a collective convention negotiation strategy achieving three years convention validity via direct dialog.