Ma'aden Aluminium Company March 2015 - at PresentMain Activities:
-Develop a program for Applied Statistics Training (Hypothesis tests, SPC-Statistical Process control, Gage Capability, DOE-Design of Experiment, ANOVA and Full and Fractional Factorial 2k experiments).
- Train the process engineers from the areas Reduction, Carbon plant and Laboratory
- Support them in the process improvement journey using a structured methodology.
Ma'aden Aluminium Company April 2013 - March 2015Participation during the analytical instruments installation & commissioning by the vendors
and TDG (Technical Delivery Group from Alcoa Australia)
- Training program development for the lab technicians and chemists
- Guarantee the SWI’s implementation for all analytical procedures
- Define the annual KPI’s plan
- Define the annual budget for department
- Guarantee the analytical support to the customer areas
Laboratory & ABS Superintendent
Alcoa Aluminio SA April 2007 - March 2013Laboratory management - responsible for raw materials, process control, final
product quality and environmental analysis.
- ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation for environmental analysis.
- ABS (Alcoa Business System = Lean manufacturing) coordination in Refinery area – responsible for
employees ABS education, ABS system implementation, like Daily Management; System, Kaizen, A3 Problem Solving, Process Management, Autonomous, Maintenance, Standardized Work, 5S, etc.
- ISO accreditation processes (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, SA and OHSAS 18001) –
responsible for internal audit coordination and preparation for external audits.
- Operational Plan – responsible for deployment and monthly Critical Analysis.
- Applied Statistics Program – responsible for the new engineers education, acting as instructor and consultant.
ABS & Quality Senior Consultant
ALUMAR - Consórcio de Aluminio do Maranhão March 1998 - April 2007ABS (Lean Manufacturing) implementation coordination in all areas (Smelter, Refinery and Administrative areas), teaching and implementing the system.
- Kaizen groups coordination, contributing to save more than US$ 1000K/year.
- Master Black Belt for Six Sigma program in the Refinery area, contributing for variability reduction projects.
- Coordination of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accreditation process.
- Teaching Applied Statistics program for other Alcoa plants (Spain, Italy, Suriname and Jamaica).
Quality Senior Specialist
ALUMAR - Consórcio de Aluminio do Maranhão June 1991 - March 1998Coordination of ISO 9001 accreditation process.
- Responsible for training and implementation of tools and methodologies related to Quality: Critical Process methodology, Problem Solving, Design of Experiments (DOE), Statistical Process Control (SPC), ISO 9001, ISO 14001.
- Operational Plan Deployment.
- Creation of a Program for hourly people working in the Quality Improvement Teams
developing facilitators to sustain the program.
Quality Analyst Seniro
ALUMAR - Consórcio de Aluminio do Maranhão June 1990 - June 1991Creation of Statistical Process Control System for Refinery production and Laboratory, training and acting as a consultant during the application.
- Design and Analysis of Experiments application and developing process conditions simulations in laboratory and transferring the optimum conditions to production process.
- Quality Improvement Teams main facilitator.
ALUMAR - Consórcio de Aluminio do Maranhão February 1982 - June 1990Participation in the Alumar Laboratory project, construction and assembly steps.
- Developing and execution of the new laboratory technicians training program.
- Creation and maintenance of the Quality Assurance Program for the laboratory
FGV- Fundação Getulio Vargas
2009 - 2010
(1 year) São Paulo
Master Black Belt
Air Academy Associates
2000 - 2000
(1 year) Colorado
UFSC - Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
1993 - 1994
(1 year) Maranhão
UNESP - Universidade Estadual Paulista
1974 - 1979
(5 years) São Paulo