I am a process engineering professional possessing excellent communication skills and able to communicate professionally. I have experience in the Oil and gas industry especially in the upstream production sector, skilled in problem solving, utilizing exceptional analytical abilities.
Lead Process Engineer
BP Angola August 2015 - at PresentIn my current role as the process engineer in the Area Engineering team I am accountable
• Providing daily Process engineering support to Area operations team and be the SPA for any Process engineering query from the Area operations team.
• Ensuring operating discipline on activities specific to the Area Process Engineering role to sustain safe, reliable and compliant operations
• Monitoring operating envelopes and design envelopes, Record all design and operating envelope excursions and ensure that investigations are completed
• Ensuring Area Process Engineering risks are understood, controlled and continuously reduced,
• Supporting delivery of process safety, integrity and environmental performance of the Area
• Acting as coordinator or reviewer for Process Engineering related technical management of
• Providing technical input on operations procedures
• Monitoring key Process Engineering related key performance indicators ﴾KPIs﴿for Area
Chemical / Process Engineer
BP Angola June 2012 - August 2015I am currently working as a process engineer in the discipline engineering team for Greater Plutonio and PSVM FPSOs. My role is to provide solution to technical queries from offshore, coordinate
modifications through management of change, provide technical process engineering support to the
Greater Plutonio Area Engineering Support team, Participate in HAZOP studies as either independent or BP process engineer, work on longer term operations issues and plant
optimization. I have also been leading a multidisciplinary task force team with the aim to improve the water injection reliability and availability in order to provide better support for reservoir pressure maintenance
Assistant Operations Engineer
BP Angola October 2011 - December 2012I have spent a year offshore on Greater Plutonio FPSO working as assistant operations engineer
being responsible for producing the daily operations and production reports, key performance
indicators monitoring, working with the production efficiency and improvement tools, investigating
process upsets, producing root cause failure analysis reports, coordinating modifications through
management of change, providing process engineering input to technical queries and
reviewing/updating operating procedures.
BP Angola January 2010 - October 2011I have worked for almost two years for BP in Area Engineering Support team, block 18 in Luanda, Angola as a process engineer. In the Area Engineering support team for the Greater Plutonio FPSO my role in the team was to provide solutions to technical queries from offshore, help in making operations and procedures safer and plant optimization. That involved working with simulation software packages such as HYSYS, HTRI and HTFS to predict process conditions and behaviour in various parts of the plant and rating and design of heat exchangers. I was also responsible for monitoring, optimizing and implement modifications in parts of the processing plant as well as day to day activities.
Intern Process Engineer
BP Angola January 2008 - December 2008During my Internship, which was of 12 months duration, I spent time at the centre for the
assessment of technical competence humber (CATCH) in Hull, England working in the water
processing plant and at BP Angola office in Staines, London, England. Some of the work included working with software packages such as plant availability studies using Project Choke and heat exchanger rating design using HTRI and HTFS. During this time I also had some exposure to HYSYS simulation package from aspentech and ChemCad from Chemstations.
Durban University of Technology
2006 - 2010
(4 years) Province of KwaZulu-Natal