April 2018 - October 2018
Tsuen Wan District
As the second-in-command of the company: • Lead the liaison with clients, manage the customer engagement and ensure excellence in service. • Develop and establish operating strategies, plans, policies and procedures; ensure adequate execution to solidify management control and direction of the enterprise. • Define, and devise goals for performance, growth, and governance, • Ensure operations are performed in compliance with corporate governance requirements, local regulations and laws. • Appraise and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of overall operations, create innovative ways to enhance processes and maximise returns. • Lead workforce to achieve business results. • Direct HR Team to run a robust plan of organization and workforce development that encourages formation of company culture and vision. • Drive the development and preparation of business and operation planning. • Lead strategic business development activities.
Regional Operations Director for Asia
September 2013 - April 2018
Reported to the Chief Operating Officer of the Corporate HQ in the USA, major responsibilities including: • Acted as the regional COO to represent the Corporate COO to manage the operations in Asia. • A leadership point of contact for Clients and responsible for day to day tactical client decision making. • Responsible for the continual mentorship and development of the regional operation teams. • Member of the regional management team for making all regional strategic decisions. • Provide input to the Datapipe Executive Team at Corporate HQ regarding regional strategy. • Working collaboratively with the other members of the global operations management team to ensure standardization and continual improvement in operational delivery across Asia. • Responsible for continual improving regional operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Territory Head for Hong Kong, Taiwan and Japan
May 2007 - August 2012
• Reported to the VP, Operations of APAC, I acted as the GM for the Territory. • Led and managed the territory organisation which included 6 managers and 40 staffs in total plus matrix team up to hundreds across the cities in my territory. • To ensure any issues affecting customer operations and contractual deliverables were effectively dealt with. • To steer internal parties, vendors and contractors in the correct direction and strategy to meet the customer expectation. • Accountable for the P&L of my territory, to optimise the cost of operation whilst improving overall performance; and to ensure all CAPEX & OPEX in my territory were within budget and revenue targets were met.
Head of Operations, Greater China
January 2004 - May 2007
• Led the services management function covering all airlines customers in PRC, Hong Kong and Taiwan in additional to the role as Head of Cathay Pacific Customer Team
Manager, Customer Services & Operations Performance
August 2002 - January 2004
• Led a dedicated customer team (over 20 people) to serve one of the largest global customer Cathay Pacific • To ensure all contractual deliverables were fulfilled, all performance KPI were met and as well as high customer satisfaction were achieved. • To position SITA as a preferred partner for Cathay Pacific.
at Cable & Wireless
March 1996 - July 2002
Being a business and P&L owner, led matrix team for managing complex telecom contracts for strategic global customers such as Standard Chartered Bank. • Developed long term customer relationship with strategic customers. • Exploration of new revenue opportunity. • Management of operating budget and revenue target assurance. • Processes development / re-engineering. • Supervising project management, customer support / services, service delivery. • Handled new business development in the areas of customer proposal development, pricing strategy, bid management, contract negotiation and the selection of suppliers / subcontractors. • Handled ad hoc business strategy assignments and provided strategic recommendations / reports.
Senior Manager, Service Provisioning
at Level 3 Communications
July 2000 - January 2002
Central and Western District
• Reported to the Director, Asia Service Activation. • Led a team of Customer Project Managers and Technical Provisioning Managers to provide end-to-end service provisioning to customers. • Headed and set up the Customer Program Management (CPM) Department and the associated business operating processes in Asia Pacific Region to support the start-up of Level 3 in Asia. • Planned and led the growth and continual improvement of CPM operations and service quality (KPI) measurement policy.
October 1993 - January 1996
• Led program core team for bidding new businesses. • As a contract and P&L owner, provided end-to-end implementation service for turnkey wide area radio communication system projects. • Focal point to serve customers during the period from new business bidding until the completion of turnkey implementation in all aspects of account management.
Manager, Project Implementation
June 1990 - October 1993
• As the 1st local staff of the business unit, set up the Project Implementation Department for the expansion of business. • Managed a team of technical and project professionals to provide turnkey project management service for public telecom systems in Hong Kong, Macau, Pearl River Delta and Philippine. • Account management and post-contract customer support for four strategic customers in Hong Kong, Macau, and Guangdong Province. • Pre-sales support to new business opportunities. Performed account management and post-contract customer support for four strategic customers in Hong Kong, Macau, and Guangdong Province; services included direct sales, product support, maintenance support, technical support and training liaison. Contributed pre-contract support to Sales & Marketing in the areas of implementation services and future account support services.
MSc in Business Management
at Joint the University of Warwick, UK and the Hong Kong Polytechnic University
1998 - 2001 (3 years) Yau Tsim Mong
Knowledge and keywords