An agile commercial leader with extensive experience in managing distributor and export models. Strong background in sales, marketing, consumer insights and shaping of company expansion. Have a proven track record in business development and brand growth.
Regional Director MEA
at DMK Baby GmbH
September 2016 - at Present
• Full responsibility of Middle East & Africa P&L and functional responsibility (Sales, medical & consumer marketing, finance, supply chain and legal). Ensured continuous market growth, delivering +7% volume. • Managed a mix model; distributor & export ensuring accelerated brand growth. • Developed a robust commercial long-term and short-term strategy in line with company vision and mission and in consultation with key stakeholders for the MEA region, through building effective relationships with senior leaders, customers and their teams • Ensured complete adherence to company policies, regional and country specific regulations by all internal and external parties • Compliance officer for Middle East & Africa region • Built the medical detailing knowledge book • Expanded the regional foot print by adding 8 new markets through identification of suitable partners and distributors who were aligned with company values and objectives.
Regional Director MENA
at TUDOR ROSE INTERNATIONAL
January 2014 - August 2016
• Full responsibility of MENA P&L across all brands. • Drove business growth year on year by more than 17% in value (15% volume), through effective planning, portfolio management, setting pricing strategies, running trade promotions & identifying best route to market. • Effectively managed distributors across the region through setting annual targets & plans, closely monitoring performance and running detailed product training events. Distribution management also entailed retaining efficient distributors, replacing poor performers & hiring new ones. • Launched key brands in new markets; Iraq & Egypt resulting in a 3% incremental volume to the MENA region. Launched Organix Baby Food in GCC, Iraq & Jordan.
at FONTERRA BRANDS (MEA & CIS)
April 2007 - December 2013
• Led the launch of new campaigns for Anchor Milk (Fonterra flagship brand in the region) resulting in an increase of 9 points of volume share. Managed the re-launch of Anlene in GCC to become the market leader in its own segment. • Launched Maternal Milk & Toddlers Formulas through the development of comprehensive plans and effective leadership of a number of cross-functional and regional teams (Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Regulatory & Finance) resulting in timely & effective execution. • Increased the foodservice sales volume by 10% through executing launch & sales events to the fraternity to improve customer conversion rate, strengthen relationship with current customers and acquire new ones.
Regional Consumer Insight Manager
at Unilever (MEA & Turkey)
March 2006 - March 2007
• Enabled the successful launch of Clear Shampoo in GCC through running an extensive research plan. Clear gained 5% share in the first 6 months. • Instrumental within Asia Africa team, setting and gaining the approval for the 3-year strategy for AMET.
at GIVAUDAN SUISSE - FRAGRANCE (MENA)
April 2004 - February 2006
• Established the department to support sales initiatives & drive growth through designing fragrance concepts, setting launch plans & identifying latest trends.
Strategic Account Planner
at MEMAC OGILVY (SAUDI ARABIA)
March 2003 - March 2004
• Led all strategy work for the agency & effectively demonstrated agency capabilities resulting in landing 2 new pitches & growing current business.
Consultant – Business Development
at TNS (GCC & LEVANT)
August 1996 - February 2003
• Launched the first & most comprehensive Online study in MENA region. • Managed the BAT account with revenues of $4.5 Million.
Digital Marketing Professional Certificate
at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
2019 - at Present (1 year)
B Sc. Major Mathematics, Minor Economics
at American University in Cairo
1988 - 1993 (5 years) Muḩāfaz̧at al Qāhirah
at College de la Sainte Famille
1976 - 1988 (12 years) Muḩāfaz̧at al Qāhirah
Knowledge and keywords