I am an experienced Economist and Financial System Stability Expert with fourteen years of vast experience in macroeconometric research evidenced in over 20 publications in refereed journals. I have been at the core of economic research that informs national macroeconomic policy directions.
Senior Economist (Manager)
at NIGERIA DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION (NDIC), NIGERIA
April 2017 - at Present
Federal Capital Territory
• Monitoring and analyzing global economic developments and their implications for financial sector performance to advise on appropriate policy responses needed for continuous achievement of macroeconomic and macroprudential policy objectives. • Evaluating, using advanced quantitative techniques, monetary and fiscal developments to determine impacts on financial system stability objectives and provide necessary feedback into monetary and fiscal policy adjustments. • Manage the publication process of the NDIC Quarterly as an Associate Editor and Secretary of the Editorial Board. • Review Banking Supervision policies of the Corporation and analysed their effectiveness for policy consideration. • Evaluate Deposit Insurance policies and consistency with realization of the Corporation’s financial system stability mandate • Facilitate at NDIC Academy’s knowledge-management programmes for capacity development of executive staff and directors on financial management and regulatory skills.
Senior Consultant on FSS2020 Strategy Review (Secondment from NDIC)
at FSS2020 SECRETARIAT, CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
January 2019 - July 2019
Federal Capital Territory
• Reviewed the financial system strategy (FSS) document guiding policies on the financial and macroeconomic performance to identify gaps responsible for failure to achieve policy targets of launching Nigeria among the World’s top 20 economies. • Developed dynamic benchmark approach that forecasted the growth path of 20 largest economies in the world to determine the benchmark Nigeria must attain to achieve its financial and economic objectives at various policy timelines. • Determined and recommended, on the basis of structural and forecasting models, appropriate policy options required to bridge the identified gaps and achieve the policy targets at newly recommended timelines.
Senior Lecturer; Head, Department of Economics; Member of University Senate
at ELIZADE UNIVERSITY
October 2016 - March 2017
• Taught and led research on Macroeconomics, Monetary & International Economics • Analysed the financial and economic conditions of the universities subject to government’s macroeconomic policies and advised their Senates and Boards on the financial and economic policies that will optimize their objectives.
Visiting Research Fellow
at AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK, ABIDJAN, COTE D’IVOIRE
May 2016 - July 2016
• Analyzed financial flows to African countries to identify growth implications and recommended appropriate policies to bolster their economic performance. • Analysed and reviewed research and policy works prior to publication and dissemination. • Provided comments to improve research works at AfDB Research Department seminars.
Relationship Officer and Research Analyst
at ACCESS BANK PLC
October 2006 - September 2009
• Conducted financial market and economic research to advise the Retail and Corporate Banking Sector of the Bank on appropriate investment decisions that will improve its bottom line and the bank’s global profit objective. • Developed and maintained business relationship with customers for profits. • Created and managed investment portfolios and revamped existing non-performing portfolio for superior returns and performance • Negotiated optimal rate on risk assets and liability instruments for superior returns.
2011 - 2014 (3 years) Oyo State
2009 - 2010 (1 year) Dundee City
2002 - 2006 (4 years) Oyo State
Research and Policy Analysis
I extend the frontier of knowledge in economic research and policy analysis via public dissemination of my research findings in published works. Besides this social responsibility as an academic and researcher, I conduct policy review, analysis, forecasting and recommendation to policy makers in Nigeria.
In addition, I teach and mentor other economists and researchers.
Knowledge and keywords