Head of Money-Laundering & Terrorism Financing Reporting
at International Development Bank
September 2017 - at Present
• Overseeing the implementation of appropriate AML/CTF policies and procedures, including the operation of the risk-based approach. • Reviewing the output from the suspicious activity monitoring processes. • Ensuring that AML/CTF requirements are considered as part of the development of new products, or service changes. • Obtaining board approval for significant process changes. • Ensure that the Board are kept informed of the money laundering risks posed by the business and its activities, and how these are managed and mitigated. • Reporting to the Board on a regular basis detailing the operation and effectiveness of the systems and controls used to combat financial crime. • Arrange and assist with regulatory visits and audit inspections. • Regularly reviewing developments in applicable legislation and guidance (domestic and international where the business is involved). • Ensuring that policies are updated to meet changing regulatory and business requirements.
Head of Compliance and AML Unit
at Capital Bank of Jordan
May 2015 - September 2017
• Making sure that all related regulations and laws are reflected by the bank policies. • Conducting research in AML investigations. • Implementing corporate-wide Anti-Money Laundering program. Evaluates transactional or customer relationships that have been identified for further review. • Monitors, analyses and escalates suspicious AML and terrorist financing activity accurately and timely as identified through evaluation of alerts. • Collects, evaluations, analyzes, and disseminates information and evidence related to known or suspected money laundering or terrorist financing related transactions, and Conducting research in AML investigations. • Preparation and submitting of Suspicious Activity Reports to Jordan AMLU / AML Office at Central Bank of Iraq. • Provide AML Training Courses related to bank employees periodically as per regulations
Compliance and Anti-Money Laundering Officer
at Capital Bank of Jordan
May 2014 - May 2015
• Ensure NBI compliance with Laws and Regulations. • Review NBI policies and procedures for Compliance and Anti-Money Laundering, and to ensure that policies and procedures are reflecting new published Laws and Regulations. • Coordinating with other departments to ensure NBI compliance with FATCA. • Review daily and periodical reports regarding NBI transactions to ensure they are complied with Capital Bank and NBI policies and procedures. • Ensure that all transactions and related parties are screened through all embargo lists (UN, EU, OFAC, and PEP’s). • Review and prepare answers to correspondent banks Anti-Money Laundering and KYC questionnaires received. • Coordinate with different departments and branches to investigate suspecting Money Laundering transactions appeared. • Answer different queries and suspicious reports received from branches and different departments. • Coordinate with other departments at NBI to answer Central Bank of Iraq Queries on timely manner. .
Senior Anti-Money Laundering Analyst
at Arab Bank PLC
July 2013 - October 2013
• Responding to system generated and manual alerts regarding accounts with suspicious trends and patterns. • Coach branch personnel on the appropriate conduct of AML procedures. • Monitor and investigate suspicious activity in customer accounts, and take appropriate action as necessary and file Suspicious Activity Reports as required. • Analyze and identify possible money laundering activity reported by bank branches, head office, or systems. • Assist in conducting trend analysis with the surveillance system to ensure the quality of the system’s output, and review and update AML policies and procedures accordingly
at Global Communities-USAID-OPIC Jordan Loan Guarantee Facility Project
April 2012 - April 2013
• Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans. • Obtain and compile copies of loan applicant’s credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information. • Review and update credit and loan files, and monitor account performance. • Give opinion and recommendations for guaranteeing loans based on feasibility and in accordance with Global Communities standards • Establish and monitor policies and procedures that will help the company meet its guarantees, and risk management goals.
Anti-Money Laundering Officer
at Housing Bank
July 2010 - April 2012
• Assist the Head of the Compliance Department in developing and improving internal procedures to fulfill compliance and AML requirements according to applicable laws and regulations. • Coordinate with government agencies, and respond to their queries and information requests. • Assist and train other departments' personnel on Compliance and AML issues. • Investigate suspicious transactions and file Suspicious Activity Reports as required. • Review and address system generated and manual AML alerts. • Respond to branches and head office departments Compliance and AML inquiries. • Analyze and identify possible money laundering activity reported by bank branches, head office or system.
Customer Service Officer
at Customer Service Officer
April 2009 - July 2010
• Receive and respond to customer inquiries on account balances, transaction details, statements and fees and charges. • Conduct daily transactions on different customers’ accounts (cash deposits, withdraws, outgoing demands, and any other type of transactions required by the customer) • Respond to customers inquiries about the bank services and products, and helping them to identify the best for their needs.
MBA in Banking & Finance
at German-Jordanian University
2010 - 2013 (3 years) Muḩāfaz̧at `Ammān
Bachelor Degree in Accounting
at University of Jordan
2005 - 2009 (4 years) Muḩāfaz̧at `Ammān
at Islamic Educational College
2003 - 2005 (2 years) Muḩāfaz̧at `Ammān