Senior PR and Communications Manager
at ND Group
November 2018 - at Present
• Manage the global communications both internally and externally for the holding company and its subsidiaries • Conceptualise and implement strategic social responsibility programmes to redefine the digital footprint of the ND Group Global Services Division. • Develop and manage the global corporate social responsibility programmes across various companies in line with parent company mission and vision • Manage social media channels by providing content and strategic alignment with company mission and vision • Liaise with C-suite executives delivering speeches and presentations • Support the marketing department by delivering marketing communications materials
at Creative Orange Advertising
August 2015 - at Present
Working with clients e.g. Mariott to implement branding and marketing strategies that include: o Business Development o Marketing o Social Media Development o SEO Strategies o PR opportunities
Senior Director Marketing Sales and Public Relations
at Miami Children's Museum
April 2014 - May 2015
• Spokesperson for the Museum. • Oversee the Marketing, Sales and Public Relations department. • Strategize and implement an aggressive marketing and Public Relations strategy to increase institutional branding of the organization resulting in growth of 3% in admissions and sales. • Implemented up-to-date new social media initiatives and grew audience to over 20,000 fans using social media advertising and marketing tools. • Conceptualized and guided a 10 person team to produce marketing and communications collateral including newsletters, website copy and design, brochures, flyers and print advertisements. • Managed budget according to strict guidelines. • Conceptualized and managed events to achieve marketing objectives.
Business Development Director
at South FL CPA Services
August 2013 - March 2014
• Increase client base by creating marketing strategies that include social media, internet marketing and SEO campaigns. • Create and produce marketing and communications collateral including newsletters, website copy and design, brochures, flyers and print advertisements.
Strategic Advisor Communications
at Ministry of Environment and Water Resources
April 2012 - March 2013
City of Port of Spain
• Implemented Crisis Communications procedures and managed three notable crisis events i.e. handled media relations, drafting and placement of press releases, speechwriter for Minister and other officials including the Prime Minister, spokesperson. • Special Advisor to the Ministry of Housing and the Environment for Strategic Communications – developed branding and mission statement for the Ministry and created Special Projects to re-brand the Ministry. • Speechwriter for Ministry, Minister and executives from 12 national agencies under the remit of the Ministry including the Environmental Management Authority, The Institute of Marine Affairs and The Forestry Division.
Director Marketing, Sales and Corporate Communications
at Caribbean Airlines
January 2009 - September 2011
• Airline Spokesperson - including management of communications for crises experienced during labor relations, post-merger phase and aircraft disasters in Tobago and in South America. • Managed all aspects of media relations including press conference management and chairing, drafting of press releases • Speech writer for executives including the CEO and Chairman of the Board • Oversee all communications team responsible for internal and external communications e.g. production of social media, company website copy, Annual Reports, employee newsletters, and CEO Blogs • Managed all aspects of In-Flight Entertainment including the In-Flight magazine and In-Flight video • Management of corporate sponsorships • Managed 120-member customer service team & related call center for North America and the Caribbean • Managed Marketing and Loyalty Programs .
Working Group Manager
at European Roundtable of Industrialists
December 2005 - December 2008
• Speechwriter for extremely senior executives e.g. CEO and Chairman Nokia Jorma Ollila and Shell CEO Jeroen Van der Veer. • Organized official visits for ERT Members e.g. Delegation visits to President Sarkozy of France and Prime Minister Tony Blair of the U.K. • Head of Communications Advisory Team representing the 50 member companies of ERT whose representatives we high level communicators from the respective companies. • Produced all marketing collateral for policy papers. • Event Manager e.g. large conference with more than 1,500 attendees, secured speakers including the President of the European Commission, the Prime Minister of Belgium and the CEO of Volvo.
at The Weinberg Group
December 2002 - December 2005
• Speech Writer • Development of advocacy strategies for the mining and chemical industry • Creation of marketing and communications material e.g. brochures, speeches, position papers, press releases
at National Broadcasting Network
September 1999 - June 2000
City of Port of Spain
• Coverage of Parliament, crime beat and produced human interest stories. • On air weather presenter twice daily
at Barry University
2015 - at Present (5 years) Florida
International Association of Business Communicators
at Royal Roads University
2010 - 2010 (1 year)
at University of Kent
2003 - 2005 (2 years) Kent
at University of Enschede
2000 - 2001 (1 year) Provincie Noord-Brabant
at University of the West Indies
1996 - 1999 (3 years) Arima
Marketing and Communications
A proven result-oriented communications professional with almost two decades of experience in communications, public relations and marketing. Devises strategies that enable businesses to grow and realize their goals. A member of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), and with the completion of crisis communications training at the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), there is extensive experience in crisis communications in the areas of aviation and the environment across Europe, North America and the Caribbean. As a former broadcast journalist, there is an excellent understanding of concise media messaging and the development of numerous internet marketing, social media campaigns and traditional media.
Knowledge and keywords