• An agile, strategically and commercially astute marketing, communications and brand experience leader powering global brands to business success for leading MNC’s and growth startups.
AVP Marketing (Project Based Marketing Consultancy)
at Travelodge Hotels Asia
February 2019 - July 2019
• Led competitive analysis, brand strategy, brand positioning, proposition & marketing planning. • Created new “Travelodge The World” branding campaign for Travelodge Hotels Asia and TravelodgeR loyalty programme, includin offline-to-online collaterals, integrated marketing campaigns, content creation (web, social, brand, video, CRM), brand standards, marketing guidelines, employer branding, marketing automation and budget management. • Directed digital marketing campaign to grow Travelodge bookings and customer engagement using E-commerce websites, social media (X13 channels), content marketing, CRM, SEO, SEM, Google Ads, retargeting and media buying. Optimised campaign ROI and effectiveness with Google Analytics. Led Agency relationships. • Used promotions to increase E-commerce bookings (+20,000 nights & +$2 Million revenue). • Initiated partner marketing and campaigns with Fortune 100 companies • Managed regional PR . Led marketing team of 3.
at Pico Arts International
October 2017 - February 2019
Pico is a leading total brand activation global Agency with a 50-year track record of success, Pico uses powerful brand experiences, data-driven strategy and integrated marketing to engage people, activate brands and accelerate growth. • Pitched and won over $18 million new event business for Mother of the Nation Festival (Abu Dhabi Tourism Board), Singapore Day (MCCY), Singapore Motorshow (Porsche), Google Home Influencer Event, BMW World Conference, Singapore Fintech Festival (MAS) and Beachbody APAC Launch events. • Engagement and collaboration with multiple business units across Pico Group to value add for new business wins. • Creative and strategy leader for large-scale tenders, managing and delivering integrated pitch proposals.
Head of Marketing & Head of Creative Services
March 2012 - February 2017
• Executive Leadership Team and HOD driving company strategy and growing business performance +60%. • Head of Marketing responsible for business building marketing & communications campaigns, marketing strategy, integrated marketing campaigns, branding toolkits, PR, newsletters, social, digital, multimedia content, company website, Apps, SEO, SEM and media planning for FreemanXP and FreemanXP clients. Created marketing showreels, credentials, marketing effectiveness case studies and MARKies Award submissions. • Head of Creative Services managing creative services, large design studio and designer team (X10). Improved design productivity, design quality, business wins and client retention by creative excellence. Managed studio process, workflow, creative strategy, copywriting, scripting, photography, video production and creative inspiration. • Creative Producer on Agency showcase projects • Launched FreemanXP in APAC
at Black sheep
January 2009 - March 2012
Black Sheep Marketing Consultancy provided outsourced strategy, creative, marketing, digital, social, web, content, PR, event & expo solutions to global clients: InFocus (No. 1 global projector), Microvision, InsightAsia and Desti Saint. • Directed international marketing campaigns comprising multi-language integrated marketing, channel marketing and InFocus events: APAC Partners Conferences, expo’s, trade shows, product and media launches. • Led development of new InFocus global brand identity and operationalised it to all channels, partners and media. • Launched 20 new InFocus product ranges and achieved +50% InFocus sales volume growth in APAC. • Directed 5 InFocus PR Agencies in Europe and led Black Sheep PR for Singapore, APAC & ANZ regions to achieve most multimedia coverage in InFocus’s 24-year history, with 5,000 articles and multi-million-dollar value. • Hired, mentored and managed 10 cross-functional employees, vendors and 5 PR Agencies.
Director of Marketing & Sales
at Harry's International Group
January 2007 - January 2009
• Directed marketing strategy, integrated marketing campaigns, digital, events, PR, sponsorships, sales and commercial agendas achieving +50% annual turnover, increasing Harry’s market leadership and profitability. • Directed Harry’s Group marketing strategy, marketing and communications plan and budget, “Harry’s - Singapore’s Favourite Bar” integrated marketing campaign, Harry’s loyalty card and Harry’s Group event sponsorships. • Launched 13 new Harry’s bars and Harry’s Gastrobars (pre-opening, marketing, PR & event campaigns). • Created and launched Harry’s Premium Lager (HPL) – brand leader in Harry’s, Cold Storage and TMD retail. • Generated US$1 million incremental revenue via contract renegotiation, initiating new sponsorships and partner marketing deals with Citibank, Amex and MasterCard and growing Harry’s multimedia in-bar advertising sales. • Set up first Harry’s Marketing & Sales Department. Established Marketing SOP’s. Managed a team of 10.
Head of Global Marketing & Brand Portfolio Management
at Sampoerna International
January 2001 - February 2006
• Member of Executive Management Team delivering global business strategy, five-year strategic marketing and budget plan and Philip Morris global acquisition of Sampoerna. • Led the data-driven global marketing strategy and brand management of Sampoerna’s global brand portfolio. Grew sales volume by +31% to 6 billion, achieved sales of US$100 million and improved profits. • Developed new S.T. Dupont Paris global brand from scratch and directed the global integrated marketing campaign, launching into 10 international markets: Indonesia, Taiwan, China (JV), Russia (JV), Lebanon, Syria, Saudi, UAE, Iran, Iraq) and 25 Duty Free markets achieving 2 billion sales with JV partner Gallaher International. • Developed and launched new Rave brand (No.2 in Myanmar) from scratch. • Managed key stakeholder relationships: S.T. Dupont Paris, Publicis, Saatchi, JWT Agencies and global vendors. • Managed 91 multicultural, cross-function staff reports in multiple geographies.
International Brand Manager
at British American Tobacco
January 1999 - January 2001
Led global marketing and brand management of Cartier (59 markets) & Vogue (31 markets) with 5 billion global sales. • Generated +12% global volume growth for Vogue and +13% for Cartier vs.1998. • Repositioned Vogue as a mainstream “female under 30” brand in growing female segment in 31 global markets with new, extended products and branding. Vogue is the fastest growing, most profitable brand in BAT portfolio. • Developed Cartier Supreme, which redefined Duty Free super-premium category, achieving highest ever R.S.P. • Developed global campaign for Cartier Vendôme and increased sales +15% in Asia, Europe and Middle East. Launched Cartier Vendôme Infinite Lights brand in Taiwan (Cartier's No. 1 market) exceeding sales target +20%. • Directed “Marketing to Females” global project, delivering growth insights and strategies for BAT global portfolio. • Transitioned Rothmans global brand portfolio to new BAT global HQ. Managed a team of 10.
International Brang Manager
at Rothmans International
January 1997 - January 1999
Led global brand management of Rothmans’ global portfolio: Rothmans (115 markets), Peter Stuyvesant (55 markets), London (30 markets) and Winfield (20 markets), with sales 70 billion & US$2 billion. • Directed global brand management, global integrated marketing & events campaigns and global pack design for Rothmans, Peter Stuyvesant and London, to achieve improved global brand performance. • Developed and launched Rothmans Lights brand globally. Developed and implemented integrated global marketing campaign, to reinvigorate the Rothmans brand and sales globally. • Developed and launched new Peter Stuyvesant brand range in Middle East with patented “Freshness Seal” packaging innovation. “Freshness Seal” innovation. • Developed and launched X2 new London brand variants into 30 global markets, supported by integrated marketing campaign. • Developed and activated Rothmans and Winfield global Formula 1 sponsorship campaigns and merchandising for Rothmans Pall Mall store.
BA (Hons) - Economics, Politics, Film & Literature - Class 2:1
at University of Manchester
1985 - 1988 (3 years) Manchester
BSC (Hons) Business Administration - Class 2:1
at University of Aston
1984 - 1985 (1 year) Birmingham
Global Brand Integrated Marketing, Communications & Events
• Global brand expertise (FMCG, Hospitality, IT)
• Integrated marketing & communications campaigns
• Digital, social & e-commerce
• Design & branding
• Content marketing, storytelling & value messaging
• Team leadership, team building, mentorship & EQ
• Experiential marketing & brand experiences
• Data-driven strategy, insights, analytics & ROI
• Client/partner/C suite & stakeholder management
• Global project management & business development
• A&P budget, P&L & general management
• Go-to-market launches, business set-up, JV, X4 M&A