Atlantis The Palm, Dubai, UAE April 2015 - at Present▪ Assist in manage a day-to-day operation of the Kitchen, coordinate food production schedules and ensure highest level of food quality, taste and presentation.
▪ Control food cost by assisting in training kitchen staff on the proper methods of food preparation and handling, by training kitchen, restaurant and steward employees on how to handle leftover food items.
▪ In conjunction with the Executive Chef & Executive Sous Chef, establish goals for the kitchen, anticipate and resolve problems concerning all facets of the kitchen, anticipate trends, enact approved profit-oriented and cost saving ideas/activities.
▪ Equipment maintenance, Inventory control, Food cost control, Banquets and catering and maintaining good sanitation and hygiene.
▪ Supervision of kitchen in the absence of the Executive Sous Chefs. Delegate duties and responsibilities to kitchen employees to ensure service demands are met.
Tom n Serg, Dubai, UAE August 2014 - March 2015▪ Comply with Standards of Service and assists in assuring the same from all kitchen employees.
▪ Participate in actual food preparation, produce food consistently high quality, taste and presentation and expedite during peak meal periods as needed.
▪ Ensures that all kitchen employees consistently adhere to uniform, grooming and appearance standards.
▪ In conjunction with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef, develop menus & create and ensure adherence to recipes and product specifications. Train kitchen staff on all new menus.
▪ The Sous Chef must maintain effective communication within the kitchen, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns and work to resolve problems.
▪ Maintain effective working relationship with food and beverage management, staff and hotel departments.
▪ Complete daily food orders based upon scheduled banquet events and projected levels of business.
Junior Sous Chef
Desert Palm Resort & Hotel, Dubai, UAE April 2011 - July 2014▪ Reporting directly to the Executive Chef.
▪ Assist Executive Chef with menu preparation and ensuring adequate supplies are available for expected service.
▪ Liaise with Restaurant employees regarding the availability of menu items, additions to the menu and any relevant changes.
▪ Prepare and present menu items showing variety and flair, within the cost margins specified by the hotel.
▪ Knowledgeable of menu costing, Ensure strict stock rotation and minimum wastage.
▪ Responsible for raising and approving market orders on behalf of all Kitchens in WINHMS prior to forwarding to Executive Chef for final approval. Has the authority to approve all orders on Executive Chef’s behalf.
▪ Worked closely with F&B Manager, Finance Manager and General Manager during absence of Executive Chef (in between transition)
The Address Montgomerie, Dubai, UAE January 2007 - January 2011▪ Menu planning & implementation
▪ Assist in preparation of Ala carte Menus, including their ingredients, seasoning & style ( banquet )
▪ Ensure that food costs & food quality is up the standard & guests satisfaction
▪ Coordinates with purchasing & suppliers regarding purchase orders
▪ Ensure the food is served as per the standard set up
▪ Ensure proper staffing for smooth operations & good customer service
▪ Conduct monthly training as per the SOPs
▪ Attends to guest’s enquiries, complaints & special requests.